Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 TenPoint TL crossbow >

TenPoint TL crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

TenPoint TL crossbow

Old 09-20-2007, 10:07 PM

Default TenPoint TL crossbow

Aug 22 2007 I struck a tree at 5 AM in heavy fog with a Chevy 3500 on a back country road with an unmarked 90 degree right hand turn while on my way to sell sweetcorn for my father-in-law. After 3 surgeries and 11 days I was out of the hospital with three broken vertebrae andbroken left scapula (shoulder now has 5 plates 2-stainless steel and 3- titanium). The Doc's were able to repair my collapsed lung, torn left ear, and shreaded left arm.I hopeover the nextyear of therapy I will be able to draw my bow again (right now I cannot lift my arm away from my body, the muscles were cut in surgery). As a physical education and adaptive physical educationteacher I am very active and after only one day sitting at home reading books and watching movies I was going out of my mind! Friday September 14th I purchased a Tenpoint TL crossbow and shot it all afternoon. Thenext evening, the bow opener for WI (Sept 15th), I harvested a 2-3 year old doe from 20 yards and now have my Earn a Buck tag.At 30 years old I have only been hunting5 years. I have harvested deer with 12 gauge, 30-06,44 mag pistol, 7mm-08 pistol, and bow & arrow, butnone hasput a biggersmile on my face than to be able to hunt while having a disabled left arm and disabled spirits. TheAcuDrawbuilt incrank has allowed me to not only continue hunting, but has revitalized my spirits whilemy body heals. It has been a perfect entry level crossbow for me. Thank you tothose that support allowing individuals with disabilities to have the same opportunities as able bodied men and women. I know this is not theplace to argue foror againstthe use of crossbows, but because WI allows permits for the use of crossbows (for those with physical disabilities or those over the age of 65) I am able to enjoy my time recovering in the woods instead of sitting on the couch at home.

Thank you.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:14 PM

Default RE: TenPoint TL crossbow

Here is my arm 3 days after the accident and after the second surgery.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Holy Ouch Batman []........
Congrats on the Doe........
Nice CB....
Old 09-21-2007, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats a nice doe you da man. Hope everythign turns out ok for you. Now get out and nail that buck of a lifetime, you deserve it.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the critter and best wishes for a full speedy recovery!!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

John,
From the folks at TenPoint, Congratulations! These are stories we love to hear. Glad you were able to get into the woods.
Good luck on the road to recovery!

Randy
Old 09-21-2007, 07:34 AM

Great story andhunt! Glad you where able to find something that could lift your spirits and still be able to hunt! Your road will be long, but at least you have found one way to get part of your life back on track! Congrats!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

OWWWW! That hurt! Congrats on fat nanny! Keep slicing & dicing. CB's are great!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

I'm very proud of you John. Thanks for sharing your story and I admire your courage. That Ten Point Xbow is not an entry level bow. It's one of the best there is. I have one and wouldn't have any other. You'll do well this season and next year will find you being 100% and ready to conqoure the whole world. And welcome to the forum also man.
BBO
Old 09-21-2007, 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: BuddyBo

I'm very proud of you John. Thanks for sharing your story and I admire your courage. That Ten Point Xbow is not an entry level bow. It's one of the best there is. I have one and wouldn't have any other. You'll do well this season and next year will find you being 100% and ready to conqoure the whole world. And welcome to the forum also man.
BBO
BuddyBo,
You're right the TenPoint isn't an entry level crossbow, I just meant that the TL model of all theTenPoint crossbows(being the lowest priced model) suited me well. I did shoot the Phantom and loved it, but just wasn't able to justify (with my wife!) paying more for the Phantom when the TL get's the job done. If I were 65 or new my disability would be longer than one year, I would seriously consider the higher end TenPoint models. But, I hope to be shooting my bow next fall, so I amenjoying the TL TenPoint this Fall.

Thanks,

J

Quick Reply: TenPoint TL crossbow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.