HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   what states allow crossbow hunting? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/206137-what-states-allow-crossbow-hunting.html)

brush buster 09-08-2007 09:18 PM

what states allow crossbow hunting?

just wondering where in the u.s. it's legal to hunt crossbow, out here we can't in oregon . my uncle used to have a crossbow but never hunted with it, just hope to hear back from all my hunting bro's around the u.s.

sproulman 09-08-2007 10:01 PM

RE: what states allow crossbow hunting?

certain countys here in pa. allow use of crossbows for hunting,others you have to be disabled....

Hotburn76 09-09-2007 12:46 AM

Here is a pic of the states that allow CB hunting. It is a few years old. Green is for good, red is for retarded! Some more states have opened up since this pic was made. I think North Carolina is open now along with Kentucky. New Jersey is in the works for '08 and IL just decided to be nice to their seniors this year. I think there may be one or so i missed but that is the majority of the states that have hunters working together and not hunter against other hunters!

smokepolehall 09-09-2007 05:59 AM

Good info Hotburn76. If disabled people would file suits against states then said states will get up off their duff and Cb's will come into use quicker. Just a matter of getting the ball rolling.

awshucks 09-09-2007 01:54 PM

IIRC, the only two states left w/ no disabled provisions are Oregon and New York. New York does allow breath tube triggers and you can't have any functional fingers.

VTX4 09-09-2007 02:30 PM

Illinois just enacted a law that will allow those of us age 62 or over to use a crossbow during bow season, regular gun season and muzzleloader season.

sproulman 09-09-2007 06:38 PM

ORIGINAL: VTX4

Illinois just enacted a law that will allow those of us age 62 or over to use a crossbow during bow season, regular gun season and muzzleloader season.
in WMU2G here in pa. you can use crossbow in any season BUT archery unless you are disabled..

Dnk 09-09-2007 06:43 PM

Couldn't help yourself could you Sproule? Have you acutally seen this yourself?

awshucks 09-09-2007 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Couldn't help yourself could you Sproule? Have you acutally seen this yourself?
No, no matter what azzhat reply he gives you Dnk,the poaching statistics do not support that kind of behavior.

Sproul: It takes 100 "Atta boys" to equal one "oh poop" you are back in the barrel, say hi to Htoler, he never got out.

ranger56528 09-09-2007 07:32 PM

FYI..In Minnesota you can use a crossbow during rifle season now,its new this year...Hopefully it will carry on to the whole Archery season in a year or two.....