Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 point of impact at 30 yds >

point of impact at 30 yds

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

point of impact at 30 yds

Old 08-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default point of impact at 30 yds

i sighted in a 20 yds,all arrows hitting dead on using first line, 20 yd one in scope..
moved out to 30 yds and all arrows are hitting 2 inchs low dead center but low 2 inchs with 30 yd line in scope..

is this normal or do you adjust your sights to zero at 30 or just leave it ,as is..
thanks.....
Old 08-29-2007, 09:20 PM

Default RE: point of impact at 30 yds

Welcome to Horton's Fixed non adjustable scope! I do not know which one they set that scope up for but I have yet to see one be right on for all the ranges. I had it on the super max and the thirty and forty was way off, to the point where I did not want to use them and just stayed with the 20. When I bought the Varizone from Excal fore the supermax 175 I put the multi scope on my old Supermag for my dad and it is alot closer then on my super max, but still off. If you want dead on at 20, 30, 40 and 50 then you need to get a Excal Varizone or Lumizone. They are adjustable for any CB speed.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanks for info,
just for heck of it i am going to use the dial a range for 30 yds and see what happens ....

Old 08-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

thanks for info,
just for heck of it i am going to use the dial a range for 30 yds and see what happens ....
Sproul: Either solution, yours or Jasons will probably solve your problems. I'm constantly amazed by those Excal scopes doing exactly what they advertise. Also have a Leupold VX II 2xX7x w/ xbow reticles that does the same only it's ring is not graduated in fps. If you do decide on Excal scope, my advice would be to fix the dial-a-rage permanent in one position. From what I've read, it's a simple process involving a longer screw and a wood dowel and is easily reversible.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: awshucks

ORIGINAL: sproulman

thanks for info,
Sproul: Either solution, yours or Jasons will probably solve your problems. I'm constantly amazed by those Excal scopes doing exactly what they advertise. Also have a Leupold VX II 2xX7x w/ xbow reticles that does the same only it's ring is not graduated in fps. If you do decide on Excal scope, my advice would be to fix the dial-a-rage permanent in one position. From what I've read, it's a simple process involving a longer screw and a wood dowel and is easily reversible.
i know, that dial-a -range is set on mine for 20 yds,everytime i pull the string back,it moves it to no.1 position..
i painted it white so i know to move it back to no.2....

something else to worry about...

i feel , and you folks are EXPERTS,not me on crossbows that way we look into scope and how we hold it EACH shot has a lot to do on where the arrow hits...
i know if i hold bow lightly, it will hit 2 inchs high off rest..
if i hold it firm and concentrate,bullseye...

if i look into scope a little off,it will hit different than if i make sure my eye is dead on center...so, i am finding out crossbow is NOT as accurate over 20 yds as i felt earlier,i am learning too....

i believe that many problems are shooter...

also i feel shooting over 35 yds is something we should never try on deer..
in fact, 30 yds is where i would put my limit..
thanks for info,i did try the dial-a -range at 30 yds and it hit dead center,as hotnurn said, it must be 30 yd hair is not accurate,yet 20 yd one with it set at no.3 worked fine...
Old 08-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

HeeHeeHee, as an Excal owner, I have no idea what you are talking about!!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:14 PM

We can't get this thread going down the wrong path, but it is nice being great out to fifty with my CB. I never plan on going past thirty, would have a hard time doing thirty five. But I am looking forward to a coon crossing my path at thirty or forty yards!

Good luck with figuring out your scope and how you decide to set it up. I could only stand these guys for about a year, and then it went from one Excal scope to the new Vortex! As long as your having fun that is all that matters, and confidence in your shot too!!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ditch it. Why bother to guess if you don't have to. My LumiZone is right on at 10,20,30,40 and even 50 yards.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:55 AM

Lumizone??How much does this cost?? I have a Tenpoint TL-4 scope goes to 40 yards..Would like to go to 50 yard range without guessing on shot..
Old 09-02-2007, 05:50 AM

The Lumizone will run you about 119 from www.Bowhunterssuperstore.com The best CB specific scope I have ever used. I think it is 140 from Cabelas.

Quick Reply: point of impact at 30 yds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.