Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Lighted nocks/ends for bolts? >

Lighted nocks/ends for bolts?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Lighted nocks/ends for bolts?

Old 08-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Spike

Default Lighted nocks/ends for bolts?

My dad shoots Ten Point xbow bolts, 22/64 diameter. Has anyone used tracer bolt ends with these?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lighted nocks/ends for bolts?

I have heard of a few folks that have used them. My personal opinion is they are not worth the cost. Points to ponder! Cost adds up quickly fer all those you lose. If you have a good sight picture and are hunting you won't have any trouble finding your game. Mine have always fell within my eye sight. There will be others here respond, hopefully. Lots of gimmicks are made to get yer hard earned dollars![]
Old 08-24-2007, 08:24 AM

I don't use Tracers so I can find my game, I use them so I can find my arrows! Last year, I shot my buck just before dark on a rainy night in the deep woods and there is no way in heck I'd have found that arrow otherwise. Since it was so wet, I was able to quietly sneak out just a few minutes after I made the shot and recover my arrow. Looking it over, I could see that the blood was very bubbly and knowing that the deer was perfectly broadside, I was reasonably sure that I had double-lunged him.

I just like not having to worry about my arrows being out in the woods for someone to step on, too!

To answer your question, though, I've only used Tracers on the GoldTips that came with my Excalibur. I'm about to go order some for my vertical bow to go with my new arrows, though. The new Smart Tracers have a very long battery life.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:27 AM

All my deer hunting anymore is from stand and all have been double lung broad side, a few have been single lung with how high I like to go and how close I let the deer come. So all my arrows are stuck in ground within I would say a ten foot circle of where I shoot so finding my arrow has never been a problem for me. If you shoot from the ground and your arrow may fly ten yards or so after the shoot then it may be worth it, but I like smoke have not seen the need. I have never lost a arrow, but this year Awshucks has posted some about cresting your arrows so I am going to be doing that so I should never have any trouble I hope. It seems like I also remember the CB beating them up real bad and they did not last long, seems like there was someone on here when they first cam out and that was what he said. They may have improved them.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

There are two main types of lighted nocks, Lum-i-nocs and tracer nocks. Hotburn76 you were right in that some people claimed that one brand did not stand up, broke down and failed on a regular basis.

I should probually not say the name, because I am not sure if I am remembering correctly, but I believe that the Lum-i-noc brand was the weaker brand.

I will be getting some at one point because mostly I love to see my arrow in flight towards the target. I want to see if there was any unseen twigs, wire deflect my arrow. Plus if shooting into a large black target (Moose, Bear) your arrow will disappear in flight unless you have very bright wrap or fletching (not for me as I use my arrows for turkey, need dull arrows).

They do have their place and if they save you one arrow, they more then pay for themself.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:16 PM

Has anyone actually installed one of these lighted nocks on their bolts? I am wondering what is involved with the installation and don't they have a weight differential as opposed to the regular nocks?............Doug
Old 08-24-2007, 01:10 PM

I bought the tracer knocks as I was purchasing my x bow cause I thought it was a cool idea. They have held up fine and have helped me find arrows I would not have been able to find them without them. I think they are a great product if you have the money!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

i use the lumenocks and will never hunt without them again.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Spike

Do they have luminox for the crossbows now, last year, I called the company and they said that they were on the drawing board for them,
but I never heard anymore about them ~~~~

wonder if they will change the flight of the shaft that much >
Old 08-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Spike

thanks for the input guys. I used a Lumenock for my compound arrows last year and loved, found it to be very advantageous in a couple instances. My dad decided last year that he wanted some too, after he missed two different does out of the same stand at 30yrds and it absolutely baffled him as if he shot high or low. Plus he his handicapped and Im normally the one searching for his bolts...so that lil light on his bolts will help the both of us.

Quick Reply: Lighted nocks/ends for bolts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.