Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 quiver question? >

quiver question?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

quiver question?

Old 05-26-2008, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: quiver question?

How times change..
I now use a hip quiver, well, the Excal quiver mounted to my hip. I pulled the Ground pounder mount because it was in the way of the rangefinder mount, in the times I did decide to use it.
The "over the limb" quiver mount wouldn't do me much good. The thicks I pass through are typically tiny vines and small trees. I push the bow through stirrup first with the limbs pointing to the ground and to the sky, the bow would clear the way for the quiver, I can see a lot of lost arrows getting a quiver mounted over my limbs through my woods.
I suppose each hunting situation would call for a different technique, but I am sticking to the hip mount for the most part.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:27 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

David, never said I was switching to a bow mounted quiver. I do like the fact that I do have an option now and I like it better than everything I've seen so far.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

I knew what you meant.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:21 PM

You can get used to this one quickly :-) It's not stuck out in front of your face. After tons of experimenting IMHO this is the best quiver mount location for crossbows.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:23 PM

Here's a photo of the Desert Stryker and Vortex with my quiver mount location.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:29 PM

I like this quiver mounting configuration so much.........................

Old 05-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Wait till you see the new adapter for the Desert Stryker No drill and it can be used on either side.....the prototype should be done end of next week...

Wyvern
Old 05-28-2008, 08:42 AM

I sent a gentleman your way to get one for his Desert Stryker. Post a photo of your production model for the DS if you don't mind:-) I predict you will sell lots of these and I'm still wondering why manufacturers have not already put the quiver where it logically should be. Now that you are offering them as after marketI guess it doesn't matter much huh? :-)
Old 06-04-2008, 03:23 PM

Will someone please give me one goodreasonwhy they use a hip or side quiver rather than a bow quiver? I have not heard one yet:-)

Old 06-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Well I like a hip quiver because when I still hunt or stalk a deer the quiver and arrows tend to get caught up on branches. I find myself moving smoother through the brush with a bit less noise and movement.

Quick Reply: quiver question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.