Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 horton scope problems! >

horton scope problems!

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

horton scope problems!

Old 08-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: horton scope problems!

"maybe someone could offer their opinion?" Don't want to sound like a smart a$$, but the easy answer to both of your problems is get an Excalibur Vixen or Phoenix. Ever notice how those guys may have some questions but never realproblems?? There's a reason for that, lol.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

at 10 yds with that same arrow i lost,i was putting arrow in same hole on no.1 setting on dial-a-range...

i moved to 20 yds,no.2 on dial-range and it was shooting 2 inchs high and could not bring it down..
lost arrow, put in a new arrow, shoots 2 inchs low..

now there is strange one...
Old 08-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: eddie_v21

Hey guys i have a horton legend xt175 w/a horton vari range scope on it.the problem i am having is that its adjusted as far to the right as possible and still shooting a 3 arrow group abot a half inch to an inch he left.my string is marked so i know i am cocking it dead on every time.shooting killer groups but im just off to the left with no room to compensate.any help?
we were talking at club tonight and most said to have someone else shoot your bow and see if they group same place..

that would at least take out of picture human error etc....
Old 08-19-2007, 06:56 AM

sproulman season is coming up quick hopefully we can work out our kinks before the opener.ive not fooled with mine any the past few days and i suppose i am willing to deal with 1 inch to 1 and a half through this season to kep from having to send horton my bow.but after season i will think about sending it in and letting them figure it out or replace my or mounts.awshucks my mounts are put on right just like yours so i dont know.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:33 AM

I have kept my dogs out of this cage so far sinceI think Dan and the others have been giving you good advice. The only thing I could think of trying is taking your scope off and cleaning the mounts and rings real good to make sure there is no dirt in there making it set in off centered, had that happen on a .22 scope once. Put it back on and it was just fine. The last thing I could think of is take the scope off and put it back on nice and "snug". If you put it on and wrench on them mounts too hard you can "torque" it and make it be off. Them are the only two things I can think to add with all you have been given so far.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's another solution, shim a ring w/ doubled thickness pop/beer can. put the shim between solid side of ring and base, then retighten ring. You can also get rings that are windage adjustable, center them on mount/base, set your scope adjustment to mid point between maxed out l and r, then use rings for rough sight in at 10 yds, scope for final tune at whatever. You never replied on the suggestion to swap scopes temporarily, so it's hard to figure out what's up, lol. This would drive me nuts!! I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess scope is the problem.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

I got a friend that had a lot of trouble with a horton keeping his scope right and it was the Dial A Range his rope cocker was rubbing it and getting it out of adjustment. The dial a range was a pain also on my Barnett I had to glue it down to keep my scope right.
Martin
Old 08-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: martinfaw

I got a friend that had a lot of trouble with a horton keeping his scope right and it was the Dial A Range his rope cocker was rubbing it and getting it out of adjustment. The dial a range was a pain also on my Barnett I had to glue it down to keep my scope right.
Martin
you may have something to that,after i lost my arrow that was shooting 2 inchs high,i took and found that the allen screw that holds the DIAL-A -RANGE on to mount was LOOSE..

YEs the rope cocking was hitting the dial-a range and turning it from 2 to 1 but i always adjusted it back to no.2 but that constant hitting of it may be what is causing it...

so, martin may have answer,i wouldloosen the allen screwand make sure the dial-a -range is nice and straight and tighten it back up and try again....

every time i pull my rope back it wacks the dial a range and moves setting,
Old 08-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have the exact same bow and i ran into the same kind of problem with mine. The allen screw that holds the dial a range was loose the vibration from shooting it so much wound it out. I put some lock tite on it wound it back in till it was slightly snug, dont oversnug the screw or the dialarange doesnt work correctly.I haven't had any problems since. Good luck.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:06 PM

awshucks i tried another scope and had ther same problem.

Quick Reply: horton scope problems!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.