Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Broadhead Target >

Broadhead Target

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Broadhead Target

Old 07-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broadhead Target

It is a Rinehart 18-1 target and it does have a one year warranty card. Whether I send it in is another question.. Awshucks had one and DID not like the way his carbons stuck in the target.IE.. To hard to pull out. I have not had that problem yet but we will see.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

Carbon has a way of melting it's self into blocks.. The range I shoot at uses a Styrofoam block, they melt in every time. A shot of silicone spray or furniture polish helps a lot.
The sales guy said that warranty is hard to claim, the small print says each red dot must be completely gone and a few other stipulations. He also said it is a very tough block to begin with, not much chance of destroying it..
Old 07-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

Carbon has a way of melting it's self into blocks.. The range I shoot at uses a Styrofoam block, they melt in every time. A shot of silicone spray or furniture polish helps a lot.
The sales guy said that warranty is hard to claim, the small print says each red dot must be completely gone and a few other stipulations. He also said it is a very tough block to begin with, not much chance of destroying it..
What target are you talking about? As to me and the 18-1, I tried WD-40, Tri-Flow, Ivory soap, dish soap, silicone spray, numerous car waxes and some home brews, lol. Some made them stick worse, non helped.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used gojo and bore butter. Was easier to pull arrows out than if they were dry.[8D]
Old 07-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Typical Buck

It is just a Styrofoam block, not branded with a name.. There are times I have to lay the block on it's side stand on top of it, grasp the arrow with Danny's puller with one hand and the lower shaft with the other and pull with all my might.. Once it "breaks" it comes out easy.. The silicone spray allows me to pull it out without standing on it, but still requires effort...
A trick I seen Don use was to spray the actual target with the silicone spray, that helped quite a bit too, don't know what kind of target is under the duct tape though. I have had no experience with the 18-1 yet.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Dan, I use professional automotive grade silicone. I usually hold the arrows in my hand and spray them all at the same time and I don't wipe them off. They have to be resprayed every ten shots or so. The more I spray my layered foam target the less I have to spray the arrows. I don't have a problem pulling them out with one hand and I don't have to turn the target on its back to yank them out.
Did anyone hear that David shot a fox?
Old 07-10-2007, 01:29 AM

David shot a fox?! No way man! Are you sure he shot it and did not call it in to close ranges for a choke hold? Heard he has been doing that some.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

I didn't even see the thing until Don pointed it out.. Don't know how I missed it, must have been 300 pounds..