Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Homemade electronic caller loud and clear! >

Homemade electronic caller loud and clear!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Homemade electronic caller loud and clear!

Old 06-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default Homemade electronic caller loud and clear!

This will get the little buggers close enough to me for a decent bow shot..
I bought a 50 watt megaphone, cracked open the microphone and installed a 1/8 jack to override the Mic when being used as a caller. Slipped up to Wall Mart and picked up a cheap 1gig MP3 player and plugged it in, voilĂ*! I found a few calls in MP3 format to download and the thing is very loud!
I need to butcher my camo pack to carry this thing but I just saved a pile of money.. Not much else to hunt around here right now, so this should help even the odds.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Homemade electronic caller loud and clear!

Oh, some pics..

Old 06-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good! You might wanna try it out from a tree stand after your last escapade, lol.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

Funny, but I am going to keep myself a few yards from the origin of the sound, it's easy with an extension cord..
Old 06-19-2007, 10:22 PM

Idislike electronic calls, though I have never used one I do not like the idea of "calling" in game with an electronic caller because it takes the sport out of hunting but that is just my opinion, I love that feeling when you have called in the animal by yourself and not something that plays a perfect sound every time I just think it'sa little bitcheating.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are widely used for yote hunting and a dead yote is a good yote. They are illegal in most places for game animals.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

We can use electronic calls here for deer but not turkey. I built it more for fun but I will try it for coyotes, I already know I can bring them in with mouth calls, now I want to reduce the population a bit.
Also, I am going to add predator control to my company so I can write off some of the stuff I have been buying. An electronic caller will add a bit of professionalism to my jobs as well as get me in and out a bit quicker, I hope.

I hunt every day and am still in the upswing of the learning process, I am not ready to dismiss or condemn anything legal just yet, I will wait until I try everything before I decide what is best, for me.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:46 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

pretty ingenious setup...

I have a little "Night Lite" unit that I've had forever, I useit mainly for crows anymore, which I do alot of, I havent called any coyotes for several years now, I think about it quite a bit though, maybe this winter...
Old 10-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Spike

That is a nice setup. I will have to try that one with the megaphone I got from www.thunderpowermegaphones.com Mine's the 250. It makes a good sound, but i think I can improve it using your setup. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good but not legal in my state,thank goodness.

Quick Reply: Homemade electronic caller loud and clear!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.