HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Best cross bow? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/192304-best-cross-bow.html)

gtxhuntbb 05-23-2007 05:58 PM

Best cross bow?

I am buying a new crossbow and was wondering which one is best. Shot the TEN POINT at the ATA show and it was LOUD!!! thinking about a excaliber. Any suggestions appreciated.

tkstae 05-23-2007 06:28 PM

RE: Best cross bow?

The best crossbow is the one that feels the best when your shooting. Any of the top companies make a great bow. I shoot a 175 lb. Exocet made by Excalibur. I've shot Ten Points and Parkers and they all have their good and bad points. Shoot them all then decide.

Dnk 05-23-2007 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: tkstae

The best crossbow is the one that feels the best when your shooting. Any of the top companies make a great bow. I shoot a 175 lb. Exocet made by Excalibur. I've shot Ten Points and Parkers and they all have their good and bad points. Shoot them all then decide.
YUP!

coyote170 05-23-2007 07:44 PM

:)What tkstae said is very good advice,good luck on your search!:)

shewe 05-23-2007 10:17 PM

ditto what's been said with one addition. all xbows are loud.:D

GrumpyTom 05-24-2007 07:32 AM

What is the best crossbow?

That is a very tough question to answer. The trouble is that many people desire different things in their hunting tools. For me I want simplicity and reliability in my bow.

The best advice you could receive is what you already have is to find a reliable company (making sure they have great customer service just in case it is needed) and try them out for fit and feel. The more comfortable you are with it, the more accurate you can become as well, the more successful`you can be.

Some people have the mindset that wheels and pullies are required (nothing wrong with that, it is just an opinion) so they would be more comfortable with a compound while others like me are more comfortable with the recurves because of their simplicity and the lack of a need of a shop to do acquaintance.

Decide what you would like in your bow (what you would be comfortable with) and then try some out. If there are not many models in your area you might have to just take the leap of faith and purchase by mail or from the internet. Many have done this and most have been more then happy.

Good luck and keep asking questions.

gtxhuntbb 05-25-2007 08:38 PM

Thank you for the info guys.

lemoyne 05-26-2007 08:43 PM

Well discounting the junk that has crowbar trigger pulls ect the high quality one you can hit exactly where you want consistantly with is the best one for you,if it shoots 300fps or better and the deer is in decant bow range the time lag is to short for them to jump the string. Lee

Sagittarius 05-30-2007 06:40 PM

Best period...a Robin Allen custom.
Best for the money, the Stryker.
Jmo.

Sag.

Pydpiper 05-30-2007 06:52 PM

Those wood stocks are beautiful! Very nice work. I am surprised I have not seen nor heard of them before.
The Stryker? We all have our own opinions..:D

The best bow is something you can shoot straight, over and over. Keep looking, you will find yours gtxhuntbb.
I would strongly suggest you start with an Excalibur, but hey, I'm biased.

ORIGINAL: Sagittarius

Best period...a Robin Allen custom.
Best for the money, the Stryker.
Jmo.

Sag.