Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Had to Say No, End of Story >

Had to Say No, End of Story

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Had to Say No, End of Story

Old 03-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Had to Say No, End of Story

Lol, remember the truth can be stranger than fiction, lol. Finally got ahold of bowhunterss...... They had to double check and call me back which they did. Order has been shipped. They offered to track it w/ UPS and get it returned to them from wherever it is. When I asked if I could just go ahead and let them deliver, kinda take a peek so to speak, lol, they informed me if I did return it then, I was limited to "in store credit" for $580. So..... it's a done deal folks, no Vortex or L-zone. Thought I'd post this as thry have great prices, but are not like Cabela's or Bass Pro on returns, a word to the wise.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Had to Say No, End of Story

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Lol, remember the truth can be stranger than fiction, lol. Finally got ahold of bowhunterss...... They had to double check and call me back which they did. Order has been shipped. They offered to track it w/ UPS and get it returned to them from wherever it is. When I asked if I could just go ahead and let them deliver, kinda take a peek so to speak, lol, they informed me if I did return it then, I was limited to "in store credit" for $580. So..... it's a done deal folks, no Vortex or L-zone. Thought I'd post this as thry have great prices, but are not like Cabela's or Bass Pro on returns, a word to the wise.
Great to hear! Now you have the $$$ for another hunting trip!

Old 03-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

BooHoo Hoo and i was all ready to try out a new Vortex![&o]
Old 03-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Good Dan, now you can wait with me for the 185 lb thumb hole stock version of the Phoenix like I am. I am not going to buy anymore rifles, bows or shotguns until I get that bow.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

I am not going to buy anymore rifles, bows or shotguns until I get that bow.
Whatever. You probably ordered two bows and a gun since you typed this!

Good choice Dan! The scope may still be worth looking into though, no pun intended.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Dan, now you can wait with me for the 185 lb thumb hole stock version of the Phoenix like I am. I am not going to buy anymore rifles, bows or shotguns until I get that bow.
Well, Don, one of the things I was really wanting to see is what is the exactdifferences in the stocks. I was kinda hoping the rear hole in the rail stayed the same and just the front hole wouldn't line up.I could have drilled and tapped a new hole in a NY minute, but would guess Excal put the kibosh on that!!I was real hyped up about this Vortex, but was shooting the Phoenix [280 -290 fps] w/ a Leupold on it, amazing myself at 30 yds, bearing in mind I've shot this thing literally thousands of times, lol, when it dawned on me all I was gonna get was maybe a few fps and a new stock that only time would tell if I could do better w/ it. Until just recently, I had 4 xbows up here, lol. A man's gotta know his limits, lol.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

it's your call bro.....i just hope you haven't ripped a hole in the time/space continuim.[8D]
Old 04-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

!!I was real hyped up about this Vortex, but was shooting the Phoenix [280 -290 fps] w/ a Leupold on it, amazing myself at 30 yds,
Yes folks you read right Mr Varizone has a Leupold scope on his xbow! Not only that but he tells me that there is a 2X7 Leupold at Millers and the he buys it! Leaving me with a lesser Leupold! i GOT PUNKED! All kidding aside if anyone wants a great scope Miller may have one more.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

!!I was real hyped up about this Vortex, but was shooting the Phoenix [280 -290 fps] w/ a Leupold on it, amazing myself at 30 yds,
Yes folks you read right Mr Varizone has a Leupold scope on his xbow! Not only that but he tells me that there is a 2X7 Leupold at Millers and the he buys it! Leaving me with a lesser Leupold! i GOT PUNKED! All kidding aside if anyone wants a great scope Miller may have one more.
Well, since you embarrased me in front of the whole world, I'll sell you the Leupold for $100. Bear in mind, I paid $250 for it and Premier is no longer installing xbow reticules in Leupolds. Oh, and this was made in USA, but if you want to hold out for one from the Phillipenes, I'll understand, lol. Well??
Old 04-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

You're serious?

Quick Reply: Had to Say No, End of Story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.