Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Why Crossbows???? >

Why Crossbows????

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Why Crossbows????

Old 04-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why Crossbows????

O yes we can....or at least I can,cant speek for the rest of the guys...
Old 04-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Montana Dave

You guys cant possibly expect ME to accept responsibility for ME? (Ha! Ha!) Man, you guys sound like a great bunch! I would love to meet some of you on a hunt one day.Ontario???Do they have any deer up there?(Ha! Ha!)

What about Ohio? Any deer up there, Hotburn?
Ahh we have a couple of whitetails, some turkeys, elk, geese and moose in Ontario. I've seen some deer sleeping on the side of the road sometimes. The ones that get lost in the woods are the ones that I like to take home in the back of the pick up. The ones on the side of the road are too stiff!
Old 04-05-2007, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Montana Dave

What about Ohio? Any deer up there, Hotburn?
Nope there are no deer! It is all just rumors!!! They are all mine!!!! JK! I think the hunting is great. But I consider a one deer a season a success. Some states have alot more deer and can get multiple tags for does like it is going out of style. I also live on the "edge" of the major deer numbers in Ohio. About an hour to the south of me where it starts to get hilly and more woods the deer numbers jump way up. I think we had a total county kill around eight hundred I think, not sure if that is right. But to the south, below Columbussome counties killed 5000 and 6000 deer! If I had five to six times the deer in my area I would probably crap my pants!!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Montana Dave: here's 3 from Ar, two xbow and one m/l.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:22 AM

Awshucks,

Ar? Arkansas???? No way! Those are friggin' MONSTERS!!! Truly huge bucks. Dont know what you are feeding them, but I need some! Good job!

Hotburn- you are not foolin' me! (Ha! Ha!) I know you guys try to keep it a secret. If it werent for those pesky record books, I might believe you that there are no deer up there. Good soil, minerals.

DNK, I dont think you guys have as many deer as some of our southern states (I think) but Canada is known for growing 'em big! Like Montana, they have to be stout and in good condition going into the winter. Down in Texas, there is no "winter kill". Except what I shoot! (Ha! Ha!)I love those heavy horns northern deer produce. They just dont get mass like that down in Texas.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:42 PM

awshucks,

Those are really nice! Looks like I gotta get an AR license this year; I guess driving 3 miles north might be worth it.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey Dave, here's one from Florida.
Georgia Hunter Takes Record Florida Buck