HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   $30 from Wall Mart (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/185710-30-wall-mart.html)

Pydpiper 03-23-2007 01:43 PM

$30 from Wall Mart

So, it fits like it was made for it.. This will make it too easy to transport..
The case was marked from 60 to 30 dollars.. I bought two.

Rebel Hog 03-23-2007 01:58 PM

RE: $30 from Wall Mart

Good deal!

Hotburn76 03-23-2007 02:13 PM

Looks good David! Just curious if taking the bow off the stock changes your POI any? Have you ever noticed any changes after putting it back on and shooting again?

GrumpyTom 03-23-2007 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

Looks good David! Just curious if taking the bow off the stock changes your POI any? Have you ever noticed any changes after putting it back on and shooting again?
Hoyburn, amazingly it does not affect the accuracy. I watched digger assemble his one day and then hit bullseye after bullseye without having to adjust anything. I believe that if your transporting any distance or where space is at a premium, then that case or the double rifle case (which digger uses) would be best as it takes up alot less room then a normal crossbow case (alot cheaper too).

awshucks 03-23-2007 04:03 PM

Jason,I take mine apart and re-assemble all the time w/ no change. Ya kinda gotta take one down to see this, but the part of the riser that mates to the rail has a small lip on either side that fits very close, over-lapping the rail, so even w/o the screws in place, it tends not to want to swivel or turn. This also comes into play if those two screws aren't loc-tited and loosen up a tad, you still hold your zero. By a tad I mean when you put your allen wrench in one and it is so loose you go "Dang, glad I caught this now" lol. Best results, keep em tight!

I had to send my limbs and riser into Dan Miller [Phoenix], one foul too many, lol, took six days total, he replaced both limbs and the dissipator
bars, no charge. While I was waiting, I unbolted the riser/limbs off of my Emax and put it on the Phoenix, I was just under an inch low at 20 yds.

txhoghunter 03-23-2007 04:36 PM

man, im going to wal-mart!!!!!!!!! looks great piper

ranger56528 03-23-2007 06:07 PM

Looks like it was meant to be.......? yes ?....So you do not need to unstring the recurve when you take it down like that.?........Just take the bolts out and leave it strung.........?.
If thats the case,the Vortex is looking better every week......

GrumpyTom 03-23-2007 06:34 PM

The only time you need to unstring an Excalibur, is when you plan to store it in a HOT ENVIROMENT or for an extended period of time. If you have the DP pads and unstring the bow, remember to remove the pads first (simple and quick to do).

sproulman 03-23-2007 06:37 PM

you folks should know if it changes the POI,but all years i did things like this,not crossbow but everything else,it always changed the POI.

Dnk 03-23-2007 06:45 PM

"i dont care if you go after me for whatever your reasons are,but dont cause me to have some nut trying to locate me like before..thanks,sproul.. "

I can't imagine why!:eek: