Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Nobody warned me they fight back!! >

Nobody warned me they fight back!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Nobody warned me they fight back!!

Old 03-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nobody warned me they fight back!!

David, I think most here want to know what you do for a living. Hehehe
Old 03-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

I operate a wildlife/animal control business, I spend my days taking animals out of unwanted locations and moving them to where they belong. My best friend in this job is a pair of leather gloves..
A typical day will have me yanking a coons out of attics or chimneys, squirrels from rafters,but I have also taken deer from swimming pools, pythons from radiators and minks from chimneys.. A charging German shepherd is all part of a days work. I am no stranger to wildlife, and I have never been outsmarted by one.. Yesterday was a monumental day for animals,I took a hit, after 10 years of manhandling them one finally got me..
When people see me in uniform or in my truck it is always the same question "what is the oddest thing you had to remove, do you ever get bit?" Now I have a new story to share..
I told my wife I was going back tonight for his friends, she said "maybe you should wear a helmet!"
I probably grab 10 animals a week by the scruff, dogs, coons, or what ever the job requires.. This yote was fast. Tomorrow I will find out if he is a carrier..
Old 03-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

I operate a wildlife/animal control business, I spend my days taking animals out of unwanted locations and moving them to where they belong.
Got Bit By A Yote???????? Wildlife/Animal Control???????

Old 03-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

LOL, nice Reb...
Old 03-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

LOL, nice Reb...
Just funning with you!
Old 03-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Columbo ROCKS..........

Dnk......Yes I got attacked by a Beaver,came up along side me while I was out doing beaver controll it was dark and he came up thru the cattail and suprised me,he was madder as he!!.I must of just took out the better half or something but he/she kept me ontop of my roll bar on the ranger for about a 1/2 hour 45 min........and thru the whole thing my gun was on the seat and I didnt dare and try to get it....
I dont ever want to be in that situation again.....they are very scarry when peed-off......
Old 03-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

This incident reminded me of something I'd forgotten. Back around 1986 while I lived and worked in Lancaster, Pa. there was a young carpenter apprentice that got into archery deer hunting. I can vividly remember how excited he was to be going out for his first hunt. That following Monday, he came into work torn up something terrible. His story was he was up in his stand and had deer every where. He flung every arrow he had and didn't draw blood even. So........ when a nice 6 pt walked under his stand, he jumped down on it's back intending to knock it in the head w/ a 12" Crescent wrench, lol. We spent alot of the companies money at work on one version or another of "Rawhide".
Old 03-23-2007, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

Now that is hunting!! I like the way that guy thinks.. I can just hear the battle cry as he leaped from the tree!

Have to be careful now, ole' Sproulie is gonna come along and try to havecrescent wrenchesbanned too, they might narrow his chance even more.

ORIGINAL: awshucks
So........ when a nice 6 pt walked under his stand, he jumped down on it's back intending to knock it in the head w/ a 12" Crescent wrench, lol.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:12 AM
Spike

Incredible story Pydpiper, glad to here your all right. Did you kill the yote?
Old 03-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, he is very dead.
It was a short lesson in carrying a knife, I carry a decent folder on the front strap of my back pack, if I had to dig under a layer of clothes for my fixed blade hunting knife it would have complicated things.

Quick Reply: Nobody warned me they fight back!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.