Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Nobody warned me they fight back!! >

Nobody warned me they fight back!!

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Nobody warned me they fight back!!

Old 03-28-2007, 06:51 PM

Default RE: Nobody warned me they fight back!!

why did you keep using the squeker when you noticed it was coming straight for you
Old 03-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

A part of me thought it would realize what was happening when it got close enough. The other part of me was hoping we would be rolling in the mud seeing who could bite the biggest hole.
It was an exciting moment, but I have had far better.. I know how they move now, wont happen twice..I rehearse it in my head hundreds of times a day..

Old 03-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

always check all around you when calling they respond 360 degrees I have had it happen before never relax you can get hurt!
Old 03-29-2007, 04:30 AM
Typical Buck

I think where I went wrong is assuming all the stuff I had read about people calling them in to 100 yards was tricky, so was getting the shot off. I thought it was just a fluke he was so close.. Turns out it's not terribly uncommon.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:33 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

I think where I went wrong is assuming all the stuff I had read about people calling them in to 100 yards was tricky, so was getting the shot off. I thought it was just a fluke he was so close.. Turns out it's not terribly uncommon.
Pydpiper, that is why I said waht I did earlier:
ORIGINAL: GrumpyTom

First of all .................. Please, anyone, alays remember that these animals are wild and are never to be trusted. They will always do what you least expect them to do, they will always be unpredictable.
Wild animals are the most unpredictable thing on this earth (other then the odd woman) . You can never trust what they will do or how they will behave. Most of the time, it is a sickness that makes them more aggressive or brave.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is possibly the coolest story Ive ever heard... I HATE yotes with a passion. Never have killed one. I too know what its like to have a wild animal try to kill you but not to your extent. I was out checking my trail camera when somthing moved through the grass so I yelled and it started coming towards me. I saw some black and white and thought i was dealing with a skunk but out came a badger. He was suprised for about two seconds and so was I then he decided that I should leave and started to charge me,then Black Betty my 22-250 talked him out of it. He was 6 feet away when I shot him. Now I always carry a rifle with me because I know that I would have had a good run had I not been armed.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hell of a story. You may want to submit that one with pics to the hunting mags. I was on the edge of my seat.

Tom