Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Xbow wars

Old 03-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Xbow wars

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Reb, think I saw him there, lol. 13 pages when I quit. They pull a Clinton on ya there when they don't want to hear the truth they attack the messenger, lol. Worked ok for the Clintons, must be an East Coast thing.
It's straight from the Bowsite anti-xbow manual, page 7. Most sites by now know the truth and dispense with the formalities and start the attack on you on sight. When you're really getting 'em good they follow you around and quote past posts from other sites trying to discredit you. Anti-xbow stalkers, who would have thought? LOL
Old 03-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

Rebel Hog, I'm there, pages 2,4,8, I had to put my 2cents in. I want to Xbow hunt in NJ.[/align] Joe[/align]
Old 03-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: joeyd50

Rebel Hog, I'm there, pages 2,4,8, I had to put my 2cents in. I want to Xbow hunt in NJ.
[/align] Joe
[/align]
Good news Joe! Glad to hear you're speaking up!
Old 03-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Back when the compound was first brought on the market, I stood shoulder to shoulder with the majority of bowhunters and fought it tooth and nail.

We lost.

Over the years, I've stood shoulder to shoulder with the majority of bowhunters and fought the crossbow.

Until....

.... they started bringing out 'compound shooting systems' that shoot 300 fps and more with ultra high let-off.

.... everyone and their dog forgot how to use their God given fingers and began using mechanical release aids.

.... electronic sights.

.... near universal reliance on treestands and high technology in all aspects of what they now call 'bowhunting.' And constantly clamoring for MORE!??!

Mechanical release with a holo sight and let-off approaching 99%? If that ain't just half the thickness of a tomato skin from being a vertical crossbow, then I'm a freakin' chipmunk. [8D]

The guys who use all that stuff and still fight the crossbow are hypocrites. Plain and simple.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Back when the compound was first brought on the market, I stood shoulder to shoulder with the majority of bowhunters and fought it tooth and nail.

We lost.

Over the years, I've stood shoulder to shoulder with the majority of bowhunters and fought the crossbow.

Until....

.... they started bringing out 'compound shooting systems' that shoot 300 fps and more with ultra high let-off.

.... everyone and their dog forgot how to use their God given fingers and began using mechanical release aids.

.... electronic sights.

.... near universal reliance on treestands and high technology in all aspects of what they now call 'bowhunting.' And constantly clamoring for MORE!??!

Mechanical release with a holo sight and let-off approaching 99%? If that ain't just half the thickness of a tomato skin from being a vertical crossbow, then I'm a freakin' chipmunk. [8D]

The guys who use all that stuff and still fight the crossbow are hypocrites. Plain and simple.
Great post Arthur!! Same thing here in NY - the antis claim to be saving the season for real bows - like the ones you describe!

They also like to give the "not have to draw in front of game" arguement but will never respond to my question about outlawing portable blinds for their "real" bows.

I would like 2 seasons here - ALL bows in bow - bows and ALL legal guns(including MZ) in gun.

Steve
Old 04-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

I just got to let you guys know this battle is up to 41 pages http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/article20417.htm[/align]Joe[/align]