Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Toronto Sportsman Show >

Toronto Sportsman Show

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Toronto Sportsman Show

Old 03-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Toronto Sportsman Show

ORIGINAL: Impossible

The stock is fine IMHO, but i could be wrong...hes having problems with the trigger but before the problem happened the trigger shot great.
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..............
, but they sure are fast and durable lol.
How does it become durable id within a year or two there is a trigger problem. A crossbow is basicly stock, limb and trigger assembly with the limbs and trigger assembly being the most imortant part of the bow.

Now, when that bow started on the market, they came onto the Excal forum and raised such cain over there because the members there would not support it. They even told me that I had no right to say that I would not stand behind the claim that it was dependable,

I told them that it takes years and years to earn that title, of being DEPENDABLE. For most people, they do not just give out those words to a product freely, it must be EARNED. I also told him that if the bow stood up after many years with no problems, and that it was as advertised, then I would recomend it along with the other quality bows. He was totally offended that I w ould not just grant him the title of being DEPENDABLE.

I told him DEPENDABLE was 23 years of hunting with one bow (excalibur Relayer) and only needing to replace one bolt in all that time and it is still as accurate as ever.

Time will only tell if that bow is what it claims.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:34 PM

I was talking about the limbs being durable....after dry-firing it 30+ times im pretty sure the limbs will last. Could be wrong but limbs usually break after a lot of shots, and since dry-firing just speeds up the proccess I trust the limbs will last IMO. The trigger problem was that it was jamming, could be due to something getting caught up in the mechanism. I never said it was dependable, just durable IMO.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not going to mention names, but a person extremely involved in xbows took a Middleton down and claimed the trigger mechanism bordered on dangerous.

I just found a splinter on my left limb on my Phoenix, Thursday. Due to a dry fire, no doubt. Sent both limbs and riser into Dan Miller for replacement, no charge. I'll have the works back in less than a week. Got bored and wanted to shoot, so just unscrewed the riser off of Emax and put it on my Phoenix. 2 clicks low at 20. Not a big deal at all, and if there were a charge, I'd gladly pay it for being an idiot.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

Imposible I do not expect for everything to work perfectly all the time. In just the nature of production, there can be failures. That is why I look for great service in a company I do business with.

About limbs and your comment "limbs usually break after a lot of shots" is not really true. If the limbs are made properly and of great quality, they would last longer then you if you look after it properly. That is not to dryfire, as dryfires put stresses onto the limb that the limb is not ment to sustain. That is another reason the compounds suffer more on dryfires then the recurve because they have more weight on the end of the limbs putting greater streses on the limbs. You need the arrow to absorb most of the energy from thelimb to prevent the limb from trying to turn itself backwards. Todays bows (paired limbs) will survive betterr then the older single limb bows in a dryfire as the single llimb does not have the break between the limbs to help disapate the energy.

Even in saying all that above, my single limb has lassted over 25 years with no problems and I know of others that have lasted longer then that. There are also many others that shoot their excaliburs an extreme amount each year with no problems with their limbs. Failres in a limb is usually casued by a flaw or mistreatment, that is plain and simple. Wear should never be a factor in a limb.