HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Question For The Forum?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/183191-question-forum.html)

awshucks 03-04-2007 04:17 PM

Question For The Forum??

I'm in somewhat of a quandry, thought I would make this post/start this thread. I looked thru several pages of the "Classifieds" and found no xbows or xbow related stuff for sale. My question is do ya'll feel ok about trying to sell xbow related stuff on this forum??

I realize that this is somewhat of a "loose, occasionally rambling" place to be [which I personally like] but thought I'd see how the majority feels before attempting to sell stuff here. Your thoughts please??

Dnk 03-04-2007 04:27 PM

RE: Question For The Forum??

I would be happy to see it here rather than the regular classifieds.

coyote170 03-04-2007 04:28 PM

Wkat Dnk said sounds good to me!:)

smokepolehall 03-04-2007 05:24 PM

Works fer me![:-]

Pydpiper 03-04-2007 05:42 PM

It would only be fair if you let us have a swing at it first anyways..:D

ranger56528 03-04-2007 05:45 PM

Good point there Dave.

retiredarmy 03-04-2007 05:51 PM

Think it's a great idea. Have a 1/2 dozen 22in Carbon Express bolts myself if anyone is interested:D
Bill

BuddyBo 03-04-2007 05:56 PM

OK, but it's got to be only real good stuff. That way, if it's broke or bent or don't shoot, we all know whom to blame. LOL. It'd take a real yoyo to sell som'in on here and it not be like new, perfect condition and with a lifetime warrity! Yepper, I'd buy anything from you awshucks! LOL
BBO
Seriously (ms) I think it's a cool idea, as long as I can make fun of it now and then. It's what I do! It's a diease.

Hotburn76 03-04-2007 06:13 PM

I think it would be a great idea. The only time I ever looked into the classifieds was when someone talked good about Smoke. Never go in there. It would be great until a mod decided to come in and swing a firm hand a exercise authority! I would not buy anything from you though because it stands a good chance that is is plum wore out!! LOL!!!

Rebel Hog 03-04-2007 07:01 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

It would be great until a mod decided to come in and swing a firm hand a exercise authority!
My thoughts also!:)

I would not buy anything from you though because it stands a good chance that is is plum wore out!! LOL!!![/quote]

RLoving1 03-04-2007 07:19 PM

That would be cool I just got to remember to look on here for Xbow sales items! It's sad that there are factions of hunters that have feelings against others choice of tool! Thats one reason I like watching "The Choice" on outdoor channel,they're open minded!

txhoghunter 03-04-2007 11:33 PM

thinkit would be better for ya if ya post it in here anyways, i been lookin at the classifieds , and its like they never change.......jus tha same ol adds

martinfaw 03-05-2007 12:32 PM

Thats a big yes for me.

shewe 03-05-2007 10:39 PM

aye....sounds good.:)

lemoyne 03-06-2007 06:43 AM

I would say it would be a good place,but I have never been able to let go of anything I like anyway. Lee

ryanaller 03-06-2007 08:00 AM

Crossbows are a form of archery so I say put 4 sale items here: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tt.aspx?forumid=67

GrumpyTom 03-06-2007 05:02 PM

The good about putting up crossbow related stuff in here for sale is that most of us would easily be able to see it.

The bad would be, only the crossbow related people would see it. If it was put into a forum that gets alot of traffic, different traffic, maybe someone that would not normally purchase a crossbow, might just purchase one because of a good buy and then become familuar with the world of cossbows.

Pydpiper 03-06-2007 05:58 PM

A simple solution would be to post it in both. The problem with that is the seller would have to monitor the sale in two areas to avoid two people wanting the goods at the same time..
I still think here is the best place for a crossbow related sale. One step further is I also think there should be a sub-forum for buy/sell/trade in our section for our stuff.

ranger56528 03-07-2007 12:33 AM

Just post it here 1st for a week if no sale then move it to other forum.

awshucks 03-07-2007 10:13 AM

Thanks for the input! I was more concerned w/ offending someones sense of propriety than making sales. If I gotta take a minor beating, lol, better someone I know!

coyote170 03-07-2007 06:29 PM

you would not offend anyone,you always do and tell it like it is,go for it!

Taureaunoir 03-08-2007 10:49 PM

It has to stay in the crossbow section.
Taureau noir

htoler 03-11-2007 06:43 AM

why not ask the moderators to add a sub section to the classifieds for crossbow related items?

awshucks 03-11-2007 08:26 AM

ORIGINAL: htoler

why not ask the moderators to add a sub section to the classifieds for crossbow related items?
Hi Henry, nice to see ya again, hope alls well on your end. I had thought about your idea, but decided against it as there is very little xbow stuff for sale here, seems like a few items from time to time. On the regularclassified forum there seems to be lots of stuff added daily and posts there sink real fast. And, it would appear most opinions would place stuff here. Gotta Phantom ordered yet?