Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow Haters

Old 03-04-2007, 09:11 PM

Default RE: Crossbow Haters

Well Tom I know you have been here longer, but while you where on a sabbatical we did this all spring and summer long. I did lots of research and lots of fact finding to make good debatable post and it never ends! It is always a new troll or a new CB hater, yet it is the same CB guys that have to put up with it over and over again. I said sorry for making a harsh post in the previous post and if people cant see that as a good thing then I do not know what to say to them. I will not continue to sit back and debate tea and cookie style every time, it gets old. It's like someone repeatedly smacking you in the face over and over again. You can only say please stop sir before you start to slap back. If what I said lowers me to his level then I hope while I am down there I can break his knee and run my thumbs in his eye while I am there!!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Typical Buck

hotburn, I understand what your saying about it getting old. I know, I have fought more of these troll fights then youu have. The only way to beat them on a regular basis is to stay civil. when you react with name calling, that is what they are looking for so they keep coming back, plus it makes you look bad in the eyes of new people. I was not critizing you, or the others, only trying to point out what the name calling was doing.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GrumpyTom
Dnk the bigger picture is not the troll or the spammer it is the people that read on the sideline and do not post much. you kow, the people that are trying to learn the truth about crossbows. It is for them that I prove the anti's are incorrect in their statments. I know that very few of the trolls will learn or change, but the people on the sideline is what is important. Educate them with the truth and civil dialog, they will respect crossbow people better.
Yes, Tom, I agree with you. Do you have to be so mature? LOL! I must admit that I've never thought about the people on the side lines.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:36 AM

My what an interesting turn this thread has taken. I am sure that a thread that I started is one of the 5 that a forum member has stated is in violation of the forum rules about Xbow debate. I did not create the thread to start a "pissing contest" or to intentionally break the rules or to be a Troll. Heck, I hate trolls as much as the next guy. I am new to Xbows in all ways. In this, and other threads, I have gotten a lot of good information to use when talking to traditional bow users about Xbows. I am sorry for any violation of the rules, and if the moderators feel that my thread should be removed from the forum, I am sure they are right. If they feel that I should be banned, as a forum member suggested, then so be it. But I did get powerful arguments and facts about Xbows from this forum and I will continue to read it. I am forced into Xbow use by physical problems, but I can see that their time has come. The general archery population needs to be educated on Xbows to put a stop to their fear and prejudice. I do know that I am not the only new person to find the forum. Name calling and statements that people who don’t think in positive ways about Xbows should be "taking dirt naps" will not help educate the newbies to the facts about Xbows. I understand it is easy to let your emotions get out of control, especially when a subject you care about is being spoken of negatively. Rational debate may be going over old ground to those of you that discovered Xbows and this forum in the past, but remember, it is brand new to some of us. Statements that you have said and heard a hundred times are new and fresh to us. They inspire us to reconsider our attitudes and behaviors towards Xbows and to, hopefully, prepare us to overcome negative attitudes and irrational prejudice in others about Xbows.
I hope I have not offended anyone here. That was not my intention. Sorry if I did.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

GNerol! Naw you ain't the Troll, don't worry we have that vermin picked out long ago!
Old 03-05-2007, 05:52 AM
Typical Buck

smoke is right, it wasn't anything you did or said GNerol, it just happened to be yourthread the troll decided to surface on. So there is no confusion the troll I am referring to goes by the name sproulman on this site, I am starting to think he is not capable of making his own decisions, just bounces from one opinion to the next, each one only makes sense to himself. I sorta feel sorry for the guy.

There are people in this world you can rationalize with, then there are the other ones, we all have met some that no matter how nice/educational/insiteful or polite you are they keep coming back with really odd perspectives on life. Typing the word "truth" in capital lettersdoes not make it the truth.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:34 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

GNerol, as the two repected members have said, this "tongue lashing" was not directed at you. Rather it was direct at "Ole Sproulie" who persistantly states full and partial falsehoods and when confronted with conficiting arguements does not respond. He obvioiusly, because his lack of response, is only interested in "hearing himself" as opposed to having a conversation or discussion. No not you! Hope this helps to further clarify things.
Don
Old 03-05-2007, 08:22 AM

speaking of a pissin contest.......I BET I CAN PEE FURTHER THAN YALL CAN......[8D][8D][8D][8D]
Old 03-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

Not Today TX.

With this wind I bet I could get a mile or two [:-][:-][:-][:-]. Even the snow is horizontal ...........[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(] sorry just thought of the yellow ice particals that would be flying through the air [:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 03-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

I tried going to work for a bit this morning, my old van would have no part of it. That wind is brutal today, certainly not a day to be working on a roof.

Quick Reply: Crossbow Haters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.