Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow Haters

Old 03-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Crossbow Haters

am I the only one that smells a weasel?
Old 03-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did someone say weasel hunt.....yep-eeeeeeee.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

By God i am ready, just put my Exocets dissapater bars back on after letting limbs relax fer the month of Feb. Have strung it up, there be a nasty vermin making a big fuss ![]I 'd like to wallup that thing side its head and shake its peabrain loose![8D]
Old 03-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

By God i am ready, just put my Exocets dissapater bars back on after letting limbs relax fer the month of Feb. Have strung it up, there be a nasty vermin making a big fuss ![]I 'd like to wallup that thing side its head and shake its peabrain loose![8D]
We all know you are speaking about the weasel (animal).
Old 03-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I knowed i read where somewhere there was a weeaasell hunt fixing to take place! I want a chance at that vermin, they be so nasty![8D]
Old 03-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

I knowed i read where somewhere there was a weeaasell hunt fixing to take place! I want a chance at that vermin, they be so nasty![8D]
I hear they taste like manure cauze they full of it!
Old 03-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

The Weasel #2 reminded me of this.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't rightly what a weasel vermin would taste like but they smell about like a polecat and get the same respect! Now where is that scabbied vermin?[:@]
Old 03-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

From the main forum page Sproulie.

Crossbows
This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

tom, i just got my horton ultra sl crossbow..its great, i like shooting it..it can put bolt in same hole in my basement at 15 yards..i cant do that over and over with my 5 recurve bows or my 3 compound bows, no way..

then you have nice scope..

again, i really have no hate for crossbow, its crossbow HUNTERS that this accurate weapon will bring to woods that at present time is hated..

i stopped and chatted with 2 vehicles that were road hunting, guess what they had on their truck front seat,CROSSBOWS CHOCKED AND READY..

now, thats 4 hunters that are now in woods here in pa. that are after deer..do to lack of deer here in wmu 2g, thats more pressure on me and other archery hunters..so, we dont like new crossbow hunters.

greed,well, i dont know about that because i dont really care if i kill a buck each year, i dont kill doe, ignorant, i am not but some i talk to at clubs, they are IGNORANT in that they call the crossbow hunters very bad names, like LAZY..

my only real problem i see with new crossbow hunters is a lot think that bow is gun..i hear stories of hunters shooting 50 yards or more with crossbow..again, i am not crossbow hunter so i cant give any info but i think shooting a crossbow is not like gun,yet some think it is..
Sproulman lets just talk or discuss what you have just said.
tom, i just got my horton ultra sl crossbow..its great, i like shooting it..it can put bolt in same hole in my basement at 15 yards..i cant do that over and over with my 5 recurve bows or my 3 compound bows, no way..
At 15 yards, if you can't shoot and hit the same hole, then you should either be practicing more or stayong out of the woods and not hunting with that equipment. Accuracy is something you need to earn and you should be able to hit 1 inch targets at 20 yards to be effective - A quote from an anti crossbow hunter on a reason not to allow crossbows into THEIR SEASON.
But honestly, if your not more accurate with your bow, that is because of you and not your equipment. The top scores in tournaments will always be compounds (vertical) over crossbows for many reasons (providing that they have compitant shooters).
then you have nice scope..
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=50289&hvarDept=400&a mp;hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=14&hvarSubCode =11&hvarTarget=browse
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=62550&hvarDept=400&a mp;hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=14&hvarSubCode =11&hvarTarget=browse
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=79683&hvarDept=400&a mp;hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=14&hvarSubCode =11&hvarTarget=browse

Those links were just from one store. I know there are other "nice scopes" out there for the vertical, actually a few years ago, I saw one that had a range finder in it. Whee does the scopes of the crossbow give you an advantage over the vertical compound. enough said on this.
i stopped and chatted with 2 vehicles that were road hunting, guess what they had on their truck front seat,CROSSBOWS CHOCKED AND READY..
I do not know the laws of your State, but here that would be illegal. If it was there, why did you not report them. Law breakers will always be law breakers no matter what tool they choose to use.
now, thats 4 hunters that are now in woods here in pa. that are after deer..do to lack of deer here in wmu 2g, thats more pressure on me and other archery hunters..so, we dont like new crossbow hunters.
That is just plain GREED ........ Do not want to share my wood with others ..... Question is, is it your woods (private lands or public, open to everyone) or are you being real greedy.
my only real problem i see with new crossbow hunters is a lot think that bow is gun..i hear stories of hunters shooting 50 yards or more with crossbow..again, i am not crossbow hunter so i cant give any info but i think shooting a crossbow is not like gun,yet some think it is..
I have to agree with you there, a crossbow is not like a gun, it is just like any other archery equipment for range. You will see that over 90% of experienced crossbow users will always tell people that exact thing. But the long distance shooting is not just restricted to crossbows, I have heard many people reporting that they always take deer out to 80 yards with a compound. Telling people that is their effective range. You can read all about those long distance shots over on bowsite.com (an anticrossbow site lol).

Now ...... Where are the advantages of the crossbow over the vertical compound. There are some, but there is also some disadvantages which will basicly even out in the over all picture. A crossbow is only another choice of a hunting tool for the hunter to choose from.

Quick Reply: Crossbow Haters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.