Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow Haters

Old 03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Crossbow Haters

The Choice had a segment on this topic and spoke up for all of us very
well I thought,we must band together or loose what we have,what happened at my old club was something I still have trouble understanding
but we must keep growing towards a common goal!
Old 03-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

I saw the Virginia Bowhunter's ASSociation in there. Oops looks like they didn't do it for VA since they're legal here now. Not a single word on it when VA was proposing the change to allow them. Of course they're a 100% do nothing org so why should xbows or anything else they feel might affect them be any different? Their lack of a mouth is why VA lost 2 weeks of bow to muzzle loaders.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

the same crap existed when the first compounds came out. i remember when i crossed over to the dark side and bought a jennings model t. hehe
Old 03-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 03-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GrumpyTom

Awlful funny how all these TRADITIONAL ARCHERY CLUBS are against crossbows when crossbows are more traditional then compounds that were not even around in 1965 and crossbows have been for hundreds of years.

It is just a factor in the SICKNESS of ME FIRST or ONLY ME syndrom.
you are right to a point..a recurve and compound bow takes skill to shoot..crossbow does not..so, crossbow puts more hunters in woods that would never be there in archery because they did not have time, skill, health or interestto shoot a recurve..THIS IS ONLY REASON THEY WANT CROSSBOWS BANNED IN THEIR SEASON..

hope this helps on REAL REASON..

Old 03-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awfull Funny...
It dosnt take skill to shoot a deer,elk,moose with a rifle ether.........Just take it out the 1st day of the hunting season and BANG you got your animal right..........

same goes for compound...O-wait shoot 2-3 bolts sorry ARROWS and they go into the woods....Not all of us Trad and compound shooters dislike crossbows,it just another way of getting food on the table.

Personaly I think its pethetic to talk about this so Iam Done....
Old 03-04-2007, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

I don't agree that a crossbow requires no skill, but I do agree with you calling compound/recurve hunters selfish. (some, not all)
Putting yourself within a few yards of an animal is a skill required by anyone who chooses to pursue game with an arrow, whining and complaining about something that time is proving you have no control over is the thing that requires no skill.

ORIGINAL: sproulman

Awlful funny how all these TRADITIONAL ARCHERY CLUBS are against crossbows when crossbows are more traditional then compounds that were not even around in 1965 and crossbows have been for hundreds of years.

you are right to a point..a recurve and compound bow takes skill to shoot..crossbow does not..so, crossbow puts more hunters in woods that would never be there in archery because they did not have time, skill, health or interestto shoot a recurve..THIS IS ONLY REASON THEY WANT CROSSBOWS BANNED IN THEIR SEASON..

Old 03-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

Sproulman ........ yes your statement does show what the real reason is that they do not want crossbows in archery season. The reason is ...........
IGNORANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It shows that you know very little about crossbows and their abilities. Compound (vertical) now shoot as fast as the crossbows so their arrows are as fast and as flat shooting. There is a compound (vertical) with such a great let off that you do not even have to hold the bow when at full draw (been told that the weight of the bow when hanging will hold at full draw). Most compound vertical shooters use a trigger device of some kind (read that from a vertical archery magazine).

Yes crossbows are easier to get accurate enough for ethical hunting then the vertical bows. But the vertical compound will be more accurate in the hands of an expert then an expert with a crossbow (just review the results of scores in national championships). Is there anything wrong with having a hunting tool which is easier to become accurate enough to hunt, I do not think so because it will mean there are less people in the woods that should not be there. I have personally seen people go into a store and purchase a vertical compound and all the equipment needed to hunt for a hunt the next day. By the way ....... both had never shot a bow before in their life. Crossbows are legal here so I questioned why they did not choose one, they told me that friends told them crossbows are not a manly bow. So I guess this is what the anti crossbows people want is to get people into the woods that are not accurate, so much so that in my opinion that they are DANGEROUS!!!! (just arrow flinger's).

Now this comes back to crossbows. It does not matte what bow you choose, recurve, longbow, compound (vertical) or crossbow ...... You need to become efficient with it!!!! you need to learn the tendicies of the bow in question. There is also the need to learn the arrow flight path so you know what size of a flight path window you need to get the arrow safely on target with hitting anything on the way there.

Just like any other bow, you still need skill to get close enough in range for an ethical kill. Compounds and crossbows have the same general range. Therefore the only reasons that there are to keep crossbows out of the regular archery seasons are GREED and or IGNORANCE, plain and simple.

By the way, If you want to debate the advantages of crossbows vs compounds (vertical), I am up for it. Just one rule in that debate, if you do not have stats or data to back up your statements, do not say them. I do not want personal opinions just the truth in that debate. So if so, BRING IT ON ...... I have all my data waiting.

Old 03-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 03-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmmmmmmm[X(].

Quick Reply: Crossbow Haters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.