Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New Xbow

Old 02-27-2007, 01:24 PM

Default RE: New Xbow

I own the phoenix and love it!!! Shoots amazing groups both freehand and off a bench and will outperform the shooter in most cases.

I would not get the right stuff accessory pack because it comes with some things you dont need, and other stuff that you can get outside of the package for better quality.

The excal scope (varizone) is a good scope to use on target, but I have found when hunting i perfer a 3-9x40...right now im using a bushnell which costs around the same as the varizone, only more magnification. Downside is you have only one point on the crosshair to aim with, unlike the varizone which has 4 or 5 i think.

Anyway, you will not be dissapointed if you choose to grab the phoenix. Good luck!!

Mike
Old 02-27-2007, 01:27 PM

Oh by the way im only 5'7" and i just shortened my rope cocker and can cock it fine...the weight wont be a problem either cuz i can cock it by hand and I only weigh 130 pounds lol so im guessin your a bit bigger than me...lol

Mike
Old 02-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

Awshucks I thought that is what you were meaning with your post. I also agree with you that speed can be overrated. I still shoot a 150 lb Excalibur. What I was trying to point out is that althouugh you can achieve the same speeds doing what you mentioned, you will still have the the longer pull in cocking the bow then you would if you had the lower model.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

Thank's to all for the input. Once again great people here.
Have ordered the Phoenix, will try Awshucks setup sounds like it's driving tacks at 40 yds.
As for the Barnett, let's just say when the limb bolt's bend, I've seen the light.
Bill