Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Bow Stringer OUCH >

Bow Stringer OUCH

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Bow Stringer OUCH

Old 02-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bow Stringer OUCH

Has anybody ever made a bow stringer, like the Excalibur stringer? I just took the newone out of the box that came with my bow, I used it to take the string off, went to put the string back on and the blue thing on the broke, it scared the $hit out ofme, I thought I broke my little finger, after I got the bleeding to stop I could see my finger was OK. I don't think I'll ever trust one these again.[/align] Joe[/align] [/align]
Old 02-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow Stringer OUCH

I have two that I've used hundreds of times w/ no problems, contact Excal, they will replace it. I've never heard of that problem before.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am like Dan, i have changed my strings back n forth lots of times. I'd like to see you do it and yer method![:-]
Old 02-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Next time I use one of them I'm going to get my old hockey equipment out of the basement. Ouch mypinky still smarts. I did itjust like they show you in the video.
[/align] Joe
[/align]
Old 02-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

awshucks,is there any special way? I just put it on like it says and use the rope cocker to pull it back till it locks in the cocking mechanism. Since I had never used a stringer or a rope cocker before I kinda wondered. Lee
Old 02-25-2007, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

Joe, do you have a camera? I would like to see where that thing broke.. It shouldn't have done that. I use mine a lot to keep on top of my brace height.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:20 AM

whats going on. i have a question. what would be the best way to hunt whitetail in the mountains with a 15 to 20 mile an hour wind??
Old 02-25-2007, 08:25 AM

Welcome to the forum Jeremy. I would say the best way is to hunt them at point blank range or not at all! 15 to 20 MPH winds will do alot to an arrow.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:29 AM

well. where im hunting is on a lake and on the side of a cliff. have lots of cover and close range is all i really have. just tring to find out how i could find them and were would b the best place to set up..
Old 02-25-2007, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lee: Same way as you do, for me, and never a problem. I slide that plastic tube outta the way but others don't.

Quick Reply: Bow Stringer OUCH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.