Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 new jersey crossbow season >

new jersey crossbow season

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

new jersey crossbow season

Old 02-19-2007, 05:17 PM

Default RE: new jersey crossbow season

South Jersey Piney,
I am in Salem County, you maybe should explain to the group what a Piney is.
Looking forward to 2008. Istarted crossbow last and made 2 trips to Southeast Ohio in order to hunt with my crossbow. Folks out there are really friendly. It is very hard to find private land for hunting. Seems everyone has family hunting on their land.
Sgt Mike
Old 02-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

Well I really do believe that this is a fight that members of the crossbow world should let cabelas know that we are not happy with them sponsering a site that is only ment to keep us fro husing a hunting tool of our choice. This is the letter I sent off to Cabala's today.

[email protected]

I came across a site today that is very disheartening. This site is for the sole purpose of stopping a select group of outdoors members from hunting and banning them from pacipitating in the outdoors with their selected hunting tool.[/align] [/align] http://www.ubnj.org/crossbow.php[/align] [/align] Your store even sells crossbows, and when I saw that you were advertising on that site, it left a very distasteful flavor in my mouth. Outdoor enthusist should not fight one another, let alone have a high profile store like yourself supporting a group in this fight. I am very seriously thinking about not using your store anymore for my supplies and taking my business to another store that will support me and my choices of hunting equipment, not supporting a group of people that want to stop me from enjoying my outdoor pursuits.[/align] [/align] I will be waiting for your response before I make a final decission.[/align]
Old 02-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: GrumpyTom

In the upper right
This page is sponsored by:
Cabela's
Web Poll
10-4!
Old 02-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Crossbow issues
I guess we have quite a controversy brewing following the state Fish and Game Council's unanimous approval of a season for crossbow hunting.
The United Bow Hunters of New Jersey and the Traditional Archers of New Jersey appear to be against the season. The groups are opposed to the use of crossbows by anyone other than the handicapped.
In the latest issue of the New Jersey Federated Sportsmen news bulletin, it was reported, "The council felt crossbow hunting could help retain archers in the archery season, considering that license sales dropped from 53,000 in 1991 to 35,000 in 2005. Plus, other states have found older bow hunters, who drop out, haven't been replaced by new ones.
"Additionally, crossbows make it easier for older hunters to continue in the sport, and their use may attract younger hunters and women to hunting.
"Twenty-three states allow disabled hunters only to use them, and 24 states allow them in regular seasons. Only three states prohibit all crossbow use."
I know one thing for sure: this is going to be a big controversy in New Jersey.
It's another way to continue thinning out the deer herd.
Jim Bolton has been a regular fishing and outdoors columnist for The Daily Journal for nearly 30 years. He specializes in Delaware Bay fishing and hunting across South Jersey.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Tom, one time you click on this site http://www.ubnj.org/crossbow.phpand it will say Cabelasanother time it will say Harry's or Sportsmens and there areothers.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Rebel Hog the trouble is that they are paying money to a site that is fighting against one group of outdoorsmen/women. I have been involved in the bigginning of this fight to allow ccrossbows in a few different States. It is a long and hard fight but it has been proven that it can be won.

It is just that us in the crossbow comunity needs to voice our opinions and stand up. The more that the government sees that we are larger then they think and will voice our opinions, then they will listen to us. Same with the stores, with them supporting these aniti-crossbow groups, they are giving them creditability that they do not deserve.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: GrumpyTom

Rebel Hog the trouble is that they are paying money to a site that is fighting against one group of outdoorsmen/women. I have been involved in the bigginning of this fight to allow ccrossbows in a few different States. It is a long and hard fight but it has been proven that it can be won.

It is just that us in the crossbow comunity needs to voice our opinions and stand up. The more that the government sees that we are larger then they think and will voice our opinions, then they will listen to us. Same with the stores, with them supporting these aniti-crossbow groups, they are giving them creditability that they do not deserve.

Yep! We're trying to fight this one!

Nationwide update on crossbows in archery season;
1) Louisiana – Crossbow legislation/regulation died in committee
2) Florida – Crossbow kept out of archery season. Crossbow permitted on private land only.
3) Kentucky – Crossbow bill voted down this past March. Will go before regulatory committee, where if no action, will be considered a passage.
4) Pennsylvania – Crossbow proposed for Urban Deer Management by PGC.
5) Many states still do not allow crossbows for any person.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

What is the season and where are the regs posted on this new change? Can somebody from NJ help me out here because i have not een able to find anything in print.
Randy
Old 02-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: 10ptCrossbow

What is the season and where are the regs posted on this new change? Can somebody from NJ help me out here because i have not een able to find anything in print.
Randy
Randy, I havealso been searching, but haven't found anything yet!
Old 02-20-2007, 06:08 PM

First off i want to thank everyone who replied,second it has been posted on a thread under crossbow advise and on newjerseyhunter.com, allso a piney is a person that has been born and raised in the south jersey pines!! these crossbow post seem to stir the pot any place they are posted!! every time they are posted and its about new jersey all the bowhunters get their bloodpresure up!! i for one bowhunt, muzzleload and shotgun hunt and i will crossbow hunt when the season starts!!!!!!

Quick Reply: new jersey crossbow season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.