Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
barnett vengeance >

barnett vengeance

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

barnett vengeance

Old 10-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default barnett vengeance

Whats everyones thought on these? Good or bad?
Old 10-20-2013, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

Barnett = P.O.S.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Barnett as a rather poor reputation that is based on previous offerings and poor customer service. They have done a great deal to turn the latter around of late.
Consider it a good entry level bow choice.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

$800.00 entry level !?! I would expect more than entry level quality/performance for that kind of money.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO price is irrelevant, entry level relates to moving on to better things when finished playing with subject bow....like to Excal 355 Matrix or 320 and 360 Mission..both can be let down w/o shooting, serviced outwith needing a press. The former, a tough as nails recurve; the latter a light, well balancing compound. I'd choose them both over Barnett, but if he has his heart set on it I can't badmouth the choice.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Spike

Vengeance is the first reverse-limb crossbow from Barnett, the company put a lot of effort to design a crossbow like this.

Click here if you want to learn more about this crossbow

It has the most technically advanced riser ever created for a Barnett crossbow, the CarbonLite Riser removes approximately 43% of weight from the riser, which dramatically shifts the balance point toward shoulder. It has more features which you definitely need to know before purchasing.

Last edited by Huntsman grid; 10-20-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Cossack
IMO price is irrelevant, entry level relates to moving on to better things when finished playing with subject bow....like to Excal 355 Matrix or 320 and 360 Mission..both can be let down w/o shooting, serviced outwith needing a press. The former, a tough as nails recurve; the latter a light, well balancing compound. I'd choose them both over Barnett, but if he has his heart set on it I can't badmouth the choice.
Price is never irrelevant unless you have more money than you know what do with, I however do not fall in this catagory.I have my heart set on a resonable priced crossbow that is accurate,quiet,reliable and fairly fast with enough energy to pass through a whitetail at up to 40 yards. Is that possible or am I asking to much?
Old 10-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

I strongly suggest you make a phone call to David at Wyvern Creations 603-659-0575 It will be the best phone call you can make David will give you the best truthful information and help you make the right choice, within your budget. He will answer all your questions with no allegiance to any particular manufacturer

There are far better crossbows for the same or less money than a POS Barnett.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by grinder67
Price is never irrelevant unless you have more money than you know what do with, I however do not fall in this catagory.I have my heart set on a resonable priced crossbow that is accurate,quiet,reliable and fairly fast with enough energy to pass through a whitetail at up to 40 yards. Is that possible or am I asking to much?
It is possible with most any crossbow on the market now. All three of mine do it and the fastest is 350 fps, one at 305 one at 320. They can do everything you ask...but the quiet part is a bit shaky.
Do call Dave as suggested, he's good people and knows crossbows.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would take any used Excalibur over any of the new Barnetts, but that is just my opinon. I have read way to many horror stories of Barnett's blowing up in peoples faces, causing great injury to the cb and shooter. I may be somewhat biased as I have only owned 2 cb's. The Horton TR175 and now an Excalibur Vortex. Since I bought the Vortex I will never look back. It provides everything I need in a CB along with great customer service. I am sure there other good CB's out there that are less expensive than a new Excalibur, but a Barnett doesn't appear to be one of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.