Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 New Exocet trigger >

New Exocet trigger

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New Exocet trigger

Old 02-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default New Exocet trigger

Well I took it apart thinking I would do a trigger job on it, found the problem imedately there was some kind of grit in the mechanism clean it out polished a bit with AR stones and wow about a 2.5 pound trigger smooth as glass. Much happier now; for those who are interested it shoots the same arrows in the same trajectory as the 185 pound 10 point that I have. Lee
Old 02-05-2007, 06:09 PM

Default RE: New Exocet trigger

hi lemoyne,

I was just wondering how you would go about doing a trigger job. Im relatively new to crossbows, and havent seen one done on a rifle before, but i would certainly like to lighten the pull a bit on my phoenix. Any tips or steps involved would be great .

Thanks,
Mike
Old 02-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

Are you saying it is working like new or are you saying you did something to improve the trigger beyond what it was like as new?
Anything you do the trigger will have zero effect on the trajectory or POI, it's job is to hold the string, once released it is up to the rest of the components to determine its path..
You took pictures of the trigger, right?
Old 02-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Read on AT today, Excals triggers are made by T/C. Strings, rope cockers, string changers all made by Danny Miller in Ohio.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pydpiper,it is brand new it was rough and jerky when it came shot it 6 times and tore it down to see what the problem was since excalibers reputation is for a good trigger. Their was some kind of shavings or grindings in the contact surfaces which I of course cleaned out then partly to be sure I was not lesving any damage behind I polished the contact surfaces. Trigger pull is now excellant smooth crisp and about 2.5#. I have worked on a lot of firearm triggers and a few xbow triggers as I used to have a archery and muzzle loading shop of course that was before I got my shoulder mashed up.No pics why would I do that?Lee
Old 02-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Impossible,Working triggers is an area where if you do not have trainging or some one who does to help you it can be very dangerous. xbow triggers are under a tremendous amout of strain you do not want to take any chances on one leting go when you are loading or such. Lee
Old 02-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

You're right Lee. I do my own work on my revolvers and autos and slug gun. I've seen others turn their 45s into smgs!!!
Old 02-06-2007, 06:05 AM
Typical Buck

lemoyne, I wouldn't consider taking mine apart, the only chance I would have to see one is through a picture of one taken apart, like yours. Hence, the question.
Through pictures on this forum I have learned to fletch my arrows, serve my strings,make a jig and shooting rest.. Thought I was going to learn something new is all.
Glad to hear the trigger is working good!

ORIGINAL: lemoyne
No pics why would I do that?Lee
Old 02-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

Why can't the manufacturers just take the extra time and do it right to start with? Not like triggers aren't a main point of concern. They're all really less than what I would like to see and I've owned 7 different ones to date.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Read on AT today, Excals triggers are made by T/C. Strings, rope cockers, string changers all made by Danny Miller in Ohio.
Do Not Believe Everything You Read on these Forums

The excalibur triggers are built right in their factory by excalibur personal. I know this for a fact as I have watched then put more then one together. that incudes the machining of the parts.

Why can't the manufacturers just take the extra time and do it right to start with? Not like triggers aren't a main point of concern. They're all really less than what I would like to see and I've owned 7 different ones to date.
Come on .......... dirt in the trigger mech, can't be held against any manufacturer. That probually happened after it left the factory and out of their control. Now if it had been burrs or something like that, then yes they should be held acccountable. BTW, Excalibur will and has worked triggers that their customers found that there was a problem with.

Now a saftey concern with working on crossbow triggers. Working the triggers so you get a lighter pull with it, should be left up to the experts that know what they are doing because a crossbow is different then a gun. The trigger on a gun is not under the constant pressure that the crossbow trigger is put under. If you lighten it too much, you might just take it to the point where it could fail in holding it cocked. Again, triggers are usually tested during the design process for their best settings and should not be adjusted by inexperianced people (cleaning can be done)

Quick Reply: New Exocet trigger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.