Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 horton steelforce 150? >

horton steelforce 150?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

horton steelforce 150?

Old 01-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: horton steelforce 150?

Thank you GT. You are correct. I made no mention that this was a bad bow or shouldn't be used for deer hunging.
Indiana, what did I post that made you react like you did? Is it becaue I didn't say it was a super awsome bow? I did not bash your bow. I said you should be ok. The ad for the bow says it is an entry bow and thats what I said. I said it would be good enough for deer.
I am interested in why you said what you said to me. No I am not taking this wrong and I am sure no one else is. It is plain that you think I am putting you down so I'd like to know what I said. Again, lets hear it. If there is something I said that was disrespectful then I would like to appologize.
Don
Old 01-28-2007, 10:05 AM

dnk
you are right. you said nothing wrong and i am very sorry i wrote what i did . the only thing i see is that i have a horton and it's cheap. it just make's me feel that the horton product got put down that's all. i did'nt mean to cause a disagreement by no mean's . i just miss read what was asked . i thought he wanted to know if the steelforce was compatible to kill a deer . i am very sorry for my disrepect to you and anyone else i may have offended. i will just sit back and learn more about this cb stuff until then i will keep my thought's straight. please forgive me i did'nt really mean for none of this to happen. dnk you did welcome me with open arm's and i disrepected you and for that i am trully sorry.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:42 AM

James your doing nothing wrong except getting excited about your CB of choice and there is nothing wrong with that. Saying your sorry only shows that you want to be a part of a group that wants to learn and get along and be respected among each other, that shows alot. We all get excited at times and spout off, it's how you handle yourself after the spout is how you will be perceived and excepted, and it looks like your on the right track. It's guys that desire to work together like this that makes this place a great place to come and share. I will warn you that after a while you need to be ready though, cause once we get to know ya the ribbing will start soon!
Old 01-28-2007, 12:47 PM

thank's hotburn76

i will be on my p's and q's and wait till i start getting the joke's and getting to learn more about my cb.

Old 01-28-2007, 12:59 PM

thanx to everyone who has posted. it was alot of help.
i plan on buyin one sometime soon for next years archery season in PA.
thanx again, Ben
Old 02-13-2007, 03:05 PM

Any questions? I watched this medium-sized doe for about 30 minutes before she walked into range. It was not a perfect shot, but the bolt entered at toward the back of the ribcage and severed the artery that goes to the liver. She dropped within sight, trotting only about 30-40 yards before laying down. I was using an expanding head with about a 1.5 inch expanded width.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Dominant Buck

From a FL Cracka to a Ga Cracka, Welcome to the forum neightbor! Congrat's on the doe!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forum 34. Till what date can you hunt in Florida? What bow is that and what broadhead was it? Oh yeah, one more. How do you feel about weasels?
Old 02-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Till what date can you hunt in Florida?
From archery to spring turkey season, opportunities abound for sportsmen who want to hunt in Florida.

Season dates listed below are only for hunting on private lands. Hunting seasons vary on wildlife management areas (WMA). Hunters should obtain specific WMA regulations and maps before going afield.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) recommends hunters peruse the 2004-05 Florida Hunting Regulations Handbook at MyFWC.com/hunting. This publication and WMA regulations and maps also are available from county tax collectors’ offices and licensed vendors.

* Archery season has started in the South Hunting Zone. The season will end Oct. 10. Archery season in the Central Hunting Zone is Sept. 25 – Oct. 24 and in the Northwest Hunting Zone Oct. 16 – Nov. 14.
* Muzzleloading gun season in the South Hunting Zone is Oct. 16-24, in the Central Hunting Zone Oct. 30 – Nov. 7 and in the Northwest Hunting Zone Nov. 19-21.
* Falconry season is Oct. 1 – March 31, statewide.
* Deer dog training season in the South and Central hunting zones is Oct. 2-21 and in the Northwest Hunting Zone Oct. 30 – Nov. 18.
* General gun season (deer and hog) in the South Hunting Zone is Oct. 30 – Jan. 9, in the Central Hunting Zone Nov. 13 – Jan. 23 and the Northwest Hunting Zone Nov. 25-28 and Dec. 11 – Feb. 16.
* Antlerless deer season in the South Hunting Zone is Nov. 6-12, in the Central Hunting Zone Nov. 20-26 and in the Northwest Hunting Zone Dec. 18-24.
* Fall turkey season in the South and Central hunting zones is Nov. 13 – Jan. 9 and in the Northwest Hunting Zone Nov. 25-28 and Dec. 11 – Jan. 16.
* Quail and gray squirrel season is Nov. 13 – March 6, statewide.

* Special post-season archery and muzzleloading gun season only in the Northwest Hunting Zone is Feb. 17-27.

* Spring turkey season in the South Hunting Zone is March 5 – April 10 and in the Central and Northwest hunting zones March 19 – April 24.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:38 PM

It's a Horton Steelforce 150, DNK. I cannot remember the correct name of the broadhead. It is a 3 vane expanding head with a hollow ground cutting tip. Opens out to about an inch and a half. The name might have been Spider or something like that. Unfortunately I threw away the packaging and did not use them in the field until the following year. I can hardly remember what I ate for breakfast, so... anyway.

I did like the broadhead I used, and unfortunately when I went looking for some more I could not find them.

Quick Reply: horton steelforce 150?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.