Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New Exocet

Old 01-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default New Exocet

Does the bar that quiets the vibration down come with the new ones or do I have to order it seperate?
Any special tips on things I might need to know switching from a 10 point?
Lee
Old 01-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Exocet

The disapator bars do make a difference but so do cat whiskers. Together in my limited experience, they make the best difference in noise.
Other than that Lee, there's nothing special about the Exocet or any Excal for that matter. They keep shooting and shooting and shooting the same all day, every day, every year!
My Exocet came with disapator bars and I served cat whisker on a flemish dacron string and I'm happy!
Don

Old 01-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

That sounds like I need to order it? I do want one, I just did not know if they came equiped with a disapator bar or not.Lee
Old 01-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

As far as I know they come with them. I am sure the website agrees with me.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

i bought an exocet this past fall and it came with the disapator bars. i think they still come standard with the bow. good luck....you got a great bow.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

I believe all but the Vixen will come with the dissipater bars.. I could be mistaken though..

switching from a ten point bear in mind the safety you will have to manually set it and remember if you had a Ten point with the anti dry fire make sure you have an arrow loaded.. if you had one with the for stock safety be mindful of you finger placement on the for stock. and you will no longer have to lube the rail but you will have to decide weather or not to or not to wax the center serving of your strings.. as the new thing that seams to be working out very well is not to but the manufacturer says to wax. your call.. other than that pretty much the same depending on which scope you get. might be an adjustment there. but not a biggie.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a feeling its going to get interesting I still have one tag left and 6 weeks to use it and I got a 12 point on my trail cam. Set up sight in and hunt the next day I hope. Lee
Old 01-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

htoler,Thank you I will make note of the manual safty and I think I will install a dry fire inhibitor. Lee
Old 01-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Not that its the right thing to do but a dryfire does not necessarily damage your Excal. LOL, David and I are in a competition for being the dryfire kings! My Exocet 200 has seen five of them and my old Exocet has seen a bit more. I use nothing but dacron because I am a dufus and have learned to live with a good bow and a good string that can forgive me.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Dominant Buck

The only one that does not come with the Dissipator Bar is the Vixen.

Quick Reply: New Exocet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.