Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Forum Behavior

Old 01-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Forum Behavior

If you are trying to educate people to the truths of crossbows and their ability, then it does not matter if they are a troll or not, you should not attack them personally. Totally ignoring them is not really a good idea either, but rebut their comments with calm, truthful statements.

I nolonger have the documents (e-mails) to support this, but a while back, there was a State that was fighting to include crossbows. You know the anti-crossbow groups linked to fight against it. Well, one of the government personal, went to the forums to gather evidence on his own. He came to the realization that because the crossbow users were able to calmly debate and provide data to support claims and one person in particular who was against crossbows, but only was able to try to slam them, had no creditability and was not allowed to even speak at the meeting unless you could back up his statements with PROVEN FACTS. Now more and more States are learning that the anti's are not as forthcoming as they try to make you believe. Believe me, even in Canada, changes are coming because it is against the Canadian Disability act to not allow crossbows for the disabled. But to only allow the disabled to use crossbows, that is DISCRIMINATION because it singles out the person with the disability. Changes are coming.

You see, even though we are in this forum, we need to hold ourselves to the highest level of scrunity just to prove that we are NOT the BIG BAD GUY. It is forums like this which will give us our credability or lead people to believe the false claims that we are only uneithical slob hunters that the anti's claim.

Why I started this thread, was not the strict attack on a troll but a few different threads which had personal comments dirrected at a member. Since this memberr felt they were under attack, they attacked back in self defence, then was ganged up on by others. The first comment might not have been ment in the mannor at which it came across, but it did start a fued. We need to stop these comments right away, befoe they can ballon out of control. From what I read on this thread, I think some mistake opinions for troll statements. Just because it is a comment that you do not agree with, does not mean it is a troll comment. You should always keep an open mind to new ideas, this is how we learn.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:49 PM

You started a good thread Tom. I took it in response to the way we jumped all over the guy in the why is it illegal thread. If all of us looked back we would have to admit that we as sportsmen do not like treating other sportsmen that way. We just have an easy button that we most generally lose control of, at lest I do at times when it is pushed. We try to do better, but it's good checks like this thread that can make us look back and maybe reflect a little.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Call me a troll if you want,but I do it to find convertation that I want to read,learn from.I do not attack when I do this I do it to learn.
I have learned alot about crossbows from this forum,so hopefully when you see me pop-up you will know what Iam doing,LEARNING......Not looking to slam someone......
Old 01-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

I for one am glad someone has had the guts to come onto the forum and talk about something that has been going on since the beginning and that it is coming from someone that is received as a credible source because if it had come form Joe Nobody they would have been blown off as having a pity party or being thin skinned and such.. I think some do not even realize it is going on and that they have even participated,

I have no clue as to whom G.T. is talking or referring but I do know what it is like to be on the receiving end of this and was close to leaving the forum myself even broke down and got a spell-checker just to satisfy some, and do not post as much as I used to and do not share much info as I have been told flat out by some members that my info would not be taken seriously. I do not even talk about the crossbow that I am passionate about because it is not what most of the forum members use, and have even had info I provided about it disputed because an on line vendor offered info that was not the same as the info I provided and knew to be true, it was decided that I was the mistaken one because of the name of the on line vendor they must be right. and have also been called a fence rider because I will not make a choice between 2 brands of crossbows because I feel they are both great crossbows, was even told I should sell my one crossbow and go to work for a certain manufacturer, because of the way I went about getting info, whats it matter how someone gets their info why should that matter as long as it is legal?? does this type of stuff hurt a person and have lastingeffect even though it is just a forum what do you think...
their are 4 key players that I see on this forum and this will not go over well but they remind me a lot of the guys on the Excal forum, do not disagree with them or else.. I truly hope that since this has come from an acceptable source that everyone will try to think more about what they post and the effect it may have..

Old 01-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

Call me a troll if you want,but I do it to find convertation that I want to read,learn from.I do not attack when I do this I do it to learn.
I have learned alot about crossbows from this forum,so hopefully when you see me pop-up you will know what Iam doing,LEARNING......Not looking to slam someone......
Ranger you are far from a troll.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive never concidered myself a troll,but one persons idea of a troll can differ from another persons idea.

Htoler...I realy do not pay attention to ones spelling or use of ones grammer.As Ive stated before one's got to know the book before they can be judge and jury....As long as one can get there point or question across I dont think its relivent how they spell or speek.
Iam a good example of that.......Besides if it gets to you they have done what there little self-impossed mind has set out to do....Pee u off...
Iam starting to keep track of the ones that start things so I can avoid there little games....
BUT a good rubin once in awhile dosnt hurt......Once again I am a good example of that......
Old 01-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

Once again I am a good example of that......
Don't carewhat they say! Anybody who likes Hot Rods and Crossbows, is a friend of mine!
Old 01-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

The way I look at it is...This..Ive shot compound for 23yrs,I own three.A browning and two Mathews a outback and switchback.I got into Recurve last year and will hunt with that this year for the challange.Ive bought 2 recurves and a longbow.Thats what I shoot now...OK....Ive been interested in crossbow for some years now,and would like to buy one.The only thing wrong is I do not know poop about them and I cant use one here to hunt with(yet) but it dosnt stop me from wanting to buy a good one and learn to handle and shoot it.And when we or if we get to use one I will be ready....Not unless(God forbid)I become disabled,then I can use it....
So I will be asking questions in the future.....
Maybe someone will try to upset me on this BB and youll see me fire back,but for now I will just be the passive guy I am.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Old 01-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Quick Reply: Forum Behavior

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.