Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Forum Behavior

Old 01-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default Forum Behavior

I have been a member here for many years. I stopped coming to the forum because of the behavior of a few members. A few weeks ago, it was recommended that I come back because this forum had changed.

Well, unfortantly I see that is has not. Over the last few weeks or so, it was common for me to see the past bad behavior again. Members typically attack other members which state their personal opinion because they feel it was incorrect.

People you do not need to attack a person for making a personal opinion public. If you feel that opinion is incorrect, then disprove it with what you feel is the truth. Support it with data if you can. Everyone has or will have different opinions from the next one in line. If you feel you have to attack something, attack the statement, not the person. Free exchange of opinions and statements only makes a forum a better place.

The only way crossbow hunters or shooters can or will convince politicians that crossbows Do Not Give Any More Of An Advantage To The Hunter Then The Compound Does Over the Longbow or Recurve is to teach the people that do not know the truth. Bashing, thrashing and name calling will not ever do that. Disprove incorrect statements with data which will back up your statement. We need to leave an image in the minds of the UNKNOWN that wee are not morons but civil educated ethical hunters. If you are able to prove your statements or opinions, then the uneducated will get to figure out the truth on their own, most people are smart, and if not, then they will never learn anyway.

If we do not behave in a proper manner, then we will never get the recognition that the crossbow deserves.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Forum Behavior

Well said GrumpyTom!
Old 01-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

GT must be talking about you Reb! LOL!!!!
Hey Reb, did you get my phone message???
Old 01-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

GT must be talking about you Reb! LOL!!!!
Aha.........I'm going to direct all my questions to your home boy, GT.[8D]
Hey Reb, did you get my phone message???
Yep!.....I'm asking your Home Boy for his phone #, Phooy on you!
Old 01-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Great talking to you Reb! Aren't phones an amazing invention?
Old 01-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Great talking to you Reb! Aren't phones an amazing invention?
Just as if you were next door! The pleasure was mine!
Old 01-19-2007, 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Well said GrumpyTom!
what he said.

P.S. there will always bashing us hunters that hunt different than they do.thats just the way it is. same as P.E.T.A. bash all hunters.just because there different than they are.I just wish everyone would just hunt and enjoy.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:07 AM

I think for the most part we here in the CBforum treat each other good and have a great time. But I will admit that I do tryand refrain from it but when the same old song and dance comes in timeafter time about a CB being like a gun or a CB being alot easier then acompoundbow it just excites us to anger. I can remember when this forum was first started back last January and we would all try and talk it out when that stuff comes up. But some people just get tired of the same old rhetoric so when one comes in and makes them kind of comments, they just get it with both barrels. like I say,I think we all do a good job, just sometimes it gets old trying to convince people of something we should not have to.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

Just a Question, what do you guys think G.T. is talking About???

Old 01-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hotburn76 said it well,I do enjoy the bantering,all in all good place to be!

Quick Reply: Forum Behavior

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.