Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Why are crossbows illegal in most states? >

Why are crossbows illegal in most states?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Why are crossbows illegal in most states?

Old 01-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Why are crossbows illegal in most states?

OK, 5 times.
Here is my conclusion:
It is a joke, a self proclaimed crossbow huntertelling peoplehis crossbow is like a 12 gage, then saying people think a crossbow is more like gun hunting.. I see the connection.
Mix that with the fact that I have been reading this forum for 6 weeks, 10 times a day and you have not shown up until you had a chance to say a crossbow is like a shotgun, I see your angle.

*EDIT* I modified my behavior.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Dominant Buck

State Crossbow Hunting Regulations US & Canada
Old 01-17-2007, 07:31 PM

I don't know what all youns think, but I think David needs to gethis hunting license soon cause he sure seems to be fitting in as a crossbow junkie! Don't worry David, these post are like a good head cold! Just when you think its over another one pops up and starts all over again.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:35 PM

Good link Reb! Here is the pic from the link, and it even has info for the crazies up north!

Old 01-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ELKINMTCWB

In most states they you can use them. In rifle season or by permit.

one this is if you read the laws for arrows/bow they do not meet the requirements.One more thing most people seee the cb as being very close to gun hunting in many ways. Much closer to the 12 gage than the bow.

I use one in rifle season to hunt close to houses. I hunt with it in a way diffrant manner than using my bow.I do not think the cb would be as good as tool in many states as they are in some.I hunting with my cb is way closer to hunting with my 12 gage than my bow. Of course you know Jason, I am talking about the post not the poster because I am sure that we ALL know that we HNI are supposed to respect each other.

Charles bradford
Could someone tell me if one has to go to school very long to become a donkey or troll?
Jason its more like a STD rather than a cold. Colds go away eventually. If I had to guess it would be herpes. Sores that keep coming up like little pustules.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol, knew one was about due! Watch how long it takes for this one to disappear, lol.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

Like normal I state what is my opinion and peoplepick one sentences out and whine.

I simply stated what I think of the XB.If you think different than so be it.I am a hunter not a politician or a lawyer.

As you can see I believe what I say or I would not sign my name to it. I sure do not see most of the name callers doing that :}

Charles Bradford
Old 01-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

That sir is your problem not our! BTW it is not normal to compare a shotgun to a crossbow. Signing your name to that post simply illustrates how much you value your....name.
I should point out that you are breaking the HNI rules and may get a holiday for what you do here. You are full of intent and bent on destruction. There is no constructive works whatsoever. So the question begs, what are you doing here? Is there any intent to contribute?
Old 01-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

I stated some reasons why.

If you can not understand that its ok with me. Most that read what I have typed on any post will see that. You will not see me calling anyone names.I allso will not white wash some thing.

Facts are facts the things I stated are some of the main points why xbs can not be used every where.

surely you do not think people just hate xbs.

It can be shot with one hand.
it can be full cocked all times.
arrow is to short
axe to axe to short

This is just a very short list of why it can not be used with bows.Like it or not that is why.THE LAW

Now I am not self proclamed xber. I am A hunter that likes to hunt close to houses in rifle season.The best tool for me to do so is the xb.

charles bradford

Old 01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

Ty rebel for the posted map.

Any one have a clue how many states you can use a speer. I would like to make a one and give it a go.

charles bradford

Quick Reply: Why are crossbows illegal in most states?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.