Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Why are crossbows illegal in most states? >

Why are crossbows illegal in most states?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Why are crossbows illegal in most states?

Old 01-17-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Why are crossbows illegal in most states?

I am not trying to make a flame thread. I'm just curious as to why they are illegal in most states for hunting?

Thanks,
Old 01-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Why are crossbows illegal in most states?

ORIGINAL: Contrast

I am not trying to make a flame thread. I'm just curious as to why they are illegal in most states for hunting?

Thanks,

Go on the Archery Forum and ask that question!!
Old 01-17-2007, 03:44 PM

Fear and lack of understanding. People think that a CB season will wipe out there deer heard with the influx of hunters, Ohio and Arkansas has disproved that claim. People also think that it is easy to poach with a CB but that is also disproved by the DNR's, a CB is not very practical for this task. I truly think it is a jealousy issue. People want to have as few deer hunters in the woods to compete with and keeping the CB's out will keep more people out and in a selfish way mean more deer for them. After Ohio and Arkansas has proved the points for over thirty years, states have realized that the CB is a good management tool and in the past couple of years and are signing on. I think in the last two years a half dozen states have opened up full CB hunting! Also if the intent for this is flaming please do not since the mods will pull it out quick. Not a CB debate forum.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:02 PM

Thanks, i would like to go CB hunting for deer. Hopefully the state that I hunt in will open a season up, I hunt in Vermont.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:27 PM

Why do you think they are illegal?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks, i would like to go CB hunting for deer. Hopefully the state that I hunt in will open a season up, I hunt in Vermont.
If that is your goal than I wish you luck, it is a great sport. I don't hunt, as of yet I only have the crossbow for target shooting, and it is quite an amazing tool.
It's far from the point and shoot weapon I thought I was going to be buying, but if you have the patience to learn and tune your crossbow you will find it very rewarding.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

CONTRAST, actually they are legal to hunt in the majority of the states. Most of the states require the person to be disabled or over 65 years old. I think at this time 11 states, don't quote it maybe more that allow during archery fer all to use. Watch this grow, as in next 5 years another 15 states will jump on the bandwagon.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Thanks,
Why??? First off I do not believe they are "illegal" in most states.
Why are they so resticted in most states? Because administrators/politicians are idiots, fear mongerers and bend to lobbying. Bottom line? Stupidity, ignorance and greed. Check out our hunting thread and see what our sucess ratio is.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

In most states they you can use them. In rifle season or by permit.

one this is if you read the laws for arrows/bow they do not meet the requirements.One more thing most people seee the cb as being very close to gun hunting in many ways. Much closer to the 12 gage than the bow.

I use one in rifle season to hunt close to houses. I hunt with it in a way diffrant manner than using my bow.I do not think the cb would be as good as tool in many states as they are in some.I hunting with my cb is way closer to hunting with my 12 gage than my bow.

Charles bradford
Old 01-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

I have read this three times.. I can't figure out if you were making a joke or not.. A Shotgun? Really?
What are you shooting for a crossbow? More importantly what are you shooting out of it? Tomorrow I am going to buy one.

ORIGINAL: ELKINMTCWB

In most states they you can use them. In rifle season or by permit.

one this is if you read the laws for arrows/bow they do not meet the requirements.One more thing most people seee the cb as being very close to gun hunting in many ways. Much closer to the 12 gage than the bow.

I use one in rifle season to hunt close to houses. I hunt with it in a way diffrant manner than using my bow.I do not think the cb would be as good as tool in many states as they are in some.I hunting with my cb is way closer to hunting with my 12 gage than my bow.

Charles bradford

Quick Reply: Why are crossbows illegal in most states?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.