Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Excalibur Pheonix Vs Horton HD 175 >

Excalibur Pheonix Vs Horton HD 175

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excalibur Pheonix Vs Horton HD 175

Old 12-24-2006, 11:33 PM

Default Excalibur Pheonix Vs Horton HD 175

I am new to crossbow hunting but have narrowed my search down to these two bows for next season. Does anyone own one of these and if so what does it have over another. Also open to any other suggestions under 750.00. Thanks
Old 12-25-2006, 01:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Excalibur Pheonix Vs Horton HD 175

Under the 2 you listed I would have to say the Excalibur unless you plan on doing a lot of spot and stalking, then maybe the Horton. as far as other suggestions look at the TenPoint / SixPoint linup, I think you will find most on here will agree that Excalibur and TenPoint/SixPoint are the top manufactures.. also I would wait and look at the 2007 linup from both and you might be able to pick up a good deal on a 2006 modle when the proshops decide to clear out inventory for the incoming new modles..
Old 12-25-2006, 03:24 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Very good Henry, I couldn't have said it better myself but I could spell it better! LOL! Just ribbing ya Henry.
Hope you have a great Christmas morning Henry, I gotta go hunting! Later!
Old 12-25-2006, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

While I don't know much if any about the Horton, I can tell you alot about my Phoenix. Of my three Excals, it's my "go to" bow. It's hard to beat for $349, [bare bow]
Old 12-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ferget that Horton, Excal Phoenix is fine as frog hair! Only other CB i would get is Ten Pt. Pro-Fusion or Titan and have its trigger polished to let pull slick![8D]
Old 12-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Friend save yer money up and don't even waste it on a Dorton, ever since they started building them fer wal-mart. Their CB's went downhill, Excals and Ten Pt. are the best made.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:31 PM

Well I am glad I posted. I was looking at a 10-point pro fusion at bass pro and I still like the pheonix. On the Pro Fusion is a Accu Draw really worth 200 dollars. Bass pro has it for 599 without accu draw and 799 with it. I understand what it does but is worth that much. The rope draws are around 25. Thanks for all the info. Excellent site
Old 12-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

The Accudraw is definately worth it,, if you have any deficulties or medical problems that would cause you problems cocking a crossbow manually or using a rope cocking aid this would eliminate that as it reduces the cocking effort down to just a few pounds. it takes A little more time to cock a crossbow using it but it will save your backshoulders and arms if you do a lot of shooting..
I had the accudraw on my Pro Elite and liked it but opted to switch it out to the AccuDraw 50 as it is faster if you do not think you would have any problems using a rope style cocking aid you migh consider going with the Accudraw 50..
I own both a TenPoint andan Excalibur and both are great crossbows but I do find myself shooting the TenPoint a lot more than the Excalibur in my opinion it is the better crossbow but thats just my opinoin. I fell it is every bit as accurate and it shoots smother and quitier. JMO
Old 12-25-2006, 06:16 PM

I shouldnt have any trouble using a rope cocking system. I live in Tennessee and they allow anyone to use crossbows now and have thought about it all year as an alternative to a compound, but I am also looking at compuond bows as well. I am planning another trip to basspro to look at what they have. I have looked once but had no clue what I was looking for. Thanks for the info
Old 12-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know where in Tn. you live,but there is a sportsmans warehouse in Memphis and in Hornlake. Ten Pt. pro-fusion is cheaper than at Basspro i have been over to both. Rope cocker plenty good if yer not arm disabled.

Quick Reply: Excalibur Pheonix Vs Horton HD 175

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.