Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 No need for a Trail Cam!!!! >

No need for a Trail Cam!!!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

No need for a Trail Cam!!!!

Old 11-04-2006, 01:30 PM

Default No need for a Trail Cam!!!!

From the back porch from the cabin in the mountains,,,,YES they are WILD mulies NOT farm raised, no pens, found a 7 point sleeping in the shed,,,. I wonder if they have a "walk up and kill em with a knife" season in New Mexico.

Old 11-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: No need for a Trail Cam!!!!

HOLY COW, that is AMAZING!!! Man oh man would I like to have that problem.....LOL."Here deer, here deer, follow me to the skinning house...LOL."

Old 11-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Spike

WOw thats so cool to have so much game around and they show no signs of fear. Thats not natural. What drugs are they on????
Old 11-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Lawn mowers for a hemp farm.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

A bunch of sugar cube eaters! Yeah they be wild but don't knowed what a human is. I ran into that when i was in northern calif. Fishing fer trout up them MTNs. They were every where, couldn't put sugar cubes in my coffee. They went thru a 1lb. box in less than a min.!
Old 11-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Look like mulies. So this doesn't surpise me at all. I've had them in arms reach just sitting still and making squeeking noises.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

A bunch of sugar cube eaters! Yeah they be wild but don't knowed what a human is. I ran into that when i was in northern calif. Fishing fer trout up them MTNs. They were every where, couldn't put sugar cubes in my coffee. They went thru a 1lb. box in less than a min.!
Maybe I should throw sugar cubes from my feeders then...LOL. I need all the help I can get.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:24 PM

Actually it's in a small community in southern New Mexico,,in the middle of the Lincoln National Forest, which is hunted pretty heavy,,I have no idea why they have no fear of us,,BUT they definitely know what hunters are!!! There is a small foodplot on the property..but you can almost handfeed them corn (that's what my brother is putting out). We don't shoot anything on our property, the huntings too good all around us. I have killed 2 elk and 2 bears plus propably 20 dear in the surrounding mountains, but nothing with a crossbow, as my Florida disability permit doesn't work there. Another picture:

Old 11-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

WOW, looks like a little piece of heaven.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:01 PM

Thats alot of deer! Looks like you guys feed them alot. Looks like a hay feeder in the background of the pic, isthat for them or cattle? I bet you could make some good money letting out of state people come in shooting them right there!

Also forgot to ask, Looks like they are huddled up around the water, is it a dry area around you and they are as much interested in the water as they are the corn?