HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Stryker is out (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/162789-stryker-out.html)

mitchmtm1 11-01-2006 09:54 AM

Stryker is out

OK....so who is standing in line at the dealer.:D

The website has alot of more info on it now, but I still don't think that it would be a wise investment untill the bugs and flaws are worked out...maybe someday, but daym does anyone really need that kind of speed? And how do you afford all the bolts that you are going to lose and bend/break.;)

http://www.strykerxbow.com/

Mitch

P.s. it comes in Max4....who is hunting ducks with thiers?

htoler 11-01-2006 10:06 AM

RE: Stryker is out

well someone needs to go out and buy one and give us a report any volenteeres??? lol

wonder what the length of that thing is ?? looks might long sitting on those horns..

Dnk 11-01-2006 10:20 AM

You go first Henry.:eek:

htoler 11-01-2006 10:44 AM

I think I will let someone ealse be the first on the block to get this one if its all the same to you..

I vote we volenteer Dan to be to one to run out and get one he is real good at expiermenting and giving reports on things so I personally feel he would be the best man for the job.. lol

Rebel Hog 11-01-2006 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: htoler

well someone needs to go out and buy one and give us a report any volenteeres??? lol

wonder what the length of that thing is ?? looks might long sitting on those horns..
YouRascal,you!:D
Stryker Crossbow - ArcheryTalk

Rebel Hog 11-01-2006 11:37 AM

http://www.strykerxbow.com/

This new crossbow is going to have 175lbs draw weight, with an approx. 18" power stroke. They are boasting 405fps w/ 425gr arrow, which mathmatically = 154 ft lbs of kinetic energy. Now that doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out, that this xbow is going to hit HARD, and break and punch through bones like toothpicks.

htoler 11-01-2006 12:43 PM

well with most crossbows it is the width that might cause problems with this one it might be the length..

awshucks 11-01-2006 01:56 PM

I think I will let someone ealse be the first on the block to get this one if its all the same to you..

I vote we volenteer Dan to be to one to run out and get one he is real good at expiermenting and giving reports on things so I personally feel he would be the best man for the job.. lol

Henry: Hows about I walk out and not get one? 22" arrows w/ half-moon nocks, internal/infernal? chain cocking device, 11 lbs, still no real info on the web site. I'd rather have a 10 pt Pro-Elite.

Rebel Hog 11-01-2006 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Henry: Hows about I walk out and not get one? 22" arrows w/ half-moon nocks, internal/infernal? chain cocking device, 11 lbs, still no real info on the web site. I'd rather have a 10 pt Pro-Elite.
Which brings up my next question to the crossbow master builders at Ten Point. What? and How? and most importantly WHEN? is Ten Point going to respond or answer/counter this new crossbow soon to be on the market?

htoler 11-01-2006 02:41 PM

Randy told me that they are going to be some surprises for 2007 ,, but that they would not be coming out with a crossbow that shoots over 400fps...

10ptCrossbow 11-02-2006 06:54 AM

Henry is right.
We will have some surprises for 2007. I thought this years line up was good, but I like the 2007 lineup better. Weight, noise, speed.. all have been addressed on one bow or another;););).
Dan,
You may want to get in line for Henry's pro Elite, cause I bet he will be wanting to sell it when the new bows come out!:D
Gotta get back to work. More secrets later....
Randy

awshucks 11-02-2006 07:17 AM

ORIGINAL: 10ptCrossbow

Henry is right.
We will have some surprises for 2007. I thought this years line up was good, but I like the 2007 lineup better. Weight, noise, speed.. all have been addressed on one bow or another;););).
Dan,
You may want to get in line for Henry's pro Elite, cause I bet he will be wanting to sell it when the new bows come out!:D
Gotta get back to work. More secrets later....
Randy
Hey Randy: What did you think of the advertising campaign Stryker used?Hope you guys don't ever go that route! Dragging a mouse around looking for info that still ain't there!! I'm probably not your average consumer, because when I hear "new and improved" the flip side of that to me is "old and obsolete" "inferior to begin with?" lol. I'm NOT referring to 10 pt xbows, just salesmanship in general. I watched you folks at 10 pt take info on what the shooters want in the new lines. Nice move!! That ranged from real to ridiculous, lol, didn't one guy want a place in the stock to carry a deck of cards? lol. Of course I'm joking, but I think alot of companies like yours that ask and listen to the end users, Good Job!!

10ptCrossbow 11-02-2006 08:02 AM

So we should cancel the card holder slot?[:@]
just kidding. We do take what the hunters say very seriously. if you don't, you become out of touch with your customers.
as for the old and absolete, we have tried very hard to improve our bows, but have also tried hard to make most of those improvements fit onto the older bows as well. Now you can't always do that and make it cost effective, but that is something we think about as well.
You will be happy to know it looks like we will have some more trigger improvements as wll.I know you are a big trigger guy!
Randy

Rebel Hog 11-02-2006 08:12 AM

Hey Randy, has 10pt ever considered a single string no wheels bow?

10ptCrossbow 11-02-2006 10:08 AM

At some point or another we have considered most everything. We just don't act on everything.
You should see how far we can make rebar fly!
Randy

htoler 11-02-2006 10:28 AM

Randy you are going to have to come out with one heck of a bow to get me to consider trading my Proelite... not to offend my co Excal shooters but I still find myself shooting my Proelite way more than the Exocet and thats not just because of it being a streach for me to cock the Exocet. its just that a streach its not hard.. and this is just my opinion but for me I think the ProElite is the sweetest crossbow on the market. JMO and I fell it would be hard to improve on it..

htoler 11-02-2006 10:43 AM

Hey Dan I see there are several places listed in your state selling this new Stryker,, have you snuck out and gotten one yet?? lol

10ptCrossbow 11-02-2006 10:45 AM

Henry,
I agree it is the sweetest bow on the market...........right now;)
What if it shot more accurate, was quieter and faster??????????
Randy

htoler 11-02-2006 10:53 AM

well if it can shoot any more accurate than what it does now,, and if it could possibly be quieter , that might get me.. and faster would be a plus depending on how much faster I want the target to still be able to stop the arrows.. and I dont want to have to walk a country mile to retrive my arrow after a pass thery shot..lol (stryker) LOL

awshucks 11-02-2006 11:36 AM

ORIGINAL: 10ptCrossbow

Henry,
I agree it is the sweetest bow on the market...........right now;)
What if it shot more accurate, was quieter and faster??????????
Randy
Oh No!!! Don't tell me you guys partnered up w/ Excal???:D:D:D
I'm sorry Randy [and Bill] just couldn't pass this one up!!

10ptCrossbow 11-02-2006 11:38 AM

Well then, I guess you need to strat talking Dan into buying your Pro Elite because I have met all your needs from the above post;)

shewe 11-02-2006 11:43 AM

ah a combo excal/10 point. now that would be some sweet shootin piece....lol:D