Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Stock is too short- any suggestions? >

Stock is too short- any suggestions?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Stock is too short- any suggestions?

Old 10-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Spike

Default Stock is too short- any suggestions?

So I was waiting in ambush position with the Exocet on a rest and I never really noticed how short the stock is. I'm 6' & have long arms and I need to add a recoil pad or something to increase the stock legnth. Anyone else have a similar problem? Wish it had an adjustment on it.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stock is too short- any suggestions?

I'm right at 6' also and i dont have a problem with my horton. I'd say just add recoil pads to it, maby one that has a long sleve so you could slide some extra length on it.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Spike

I shoot a Parker Buckbuster, and its short as well. I haven't done any mods as of yet. I looked at a adding a pad but just never got around to it.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gEtiTrighT

So I was waiting in ambush position with the Exocet on a rest and I never really noticed how short the stock is. I'm 6' & have long arms and I need to add a recoil pad or something to increase the stock legnth. Anyone else have a similar problem? Wish it had an adjustment on it.
I'm by no means an authority on Excals, but believe the Vixen and Phoenix have the shortest length of pull, which I think is what you are referring to. Don't know what the Ecet has, but I have a stock stock for an Emax if it's longer??? I ain't easy but I can be had, lol.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

If u don't take awshucks up on his offer. Then try a slipover limbsaver recoil pad, it should add about an inch to length of stock.[:-]
Old 10-31-2006, 06:22 AM
Typical Buck

dont all Excaliburs use the same stocks?? I thought they did as with the limbs the way they get the different draw wieight is from the length of the riser is it not?? if that is the case you will have to use a slip on pad or modify or make an extension youor if you can afford get in touch with Mark on the Excalibur forum and he could make you a custom stock with the butstock the length you need .. just a thought..
Old 10-31-2006, 06:33 AM
Spike

I sent Excalibur customer service an email asking if they had any suggestions or if the Exomag was longer than the Exocet. Thanks Awshucks maybe we could work something out if your willing & there is a difference. I hate those rubber slip on recoil pads but it might be a temporary solution.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:15 AM
Typical Buck

asked about the stocks on the Excal forum and they say that they use the same stock on all models..
Old 10-31-2006, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is one solution. I had this stock made for my Emax, left handed, by Mark Henegar.I really like it, and a regular model is ambidexterous. They have a great re-sale value, used ones get snapped up in a heart beat, as there is a waiting period due to previous orders.

Old 10-31-2006, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a thumb-hole version that came on used Paradox I bought this summer.

Quick Reply: Stock is too short- any suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.