Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Broadheads

Old 10-23-2006, 08:58 AM

Default Broadheads

I have a set of Hortob Hunter Tekan EX's is it possible to reset them after they are fired? Also they came with no instructions on how to install them.

Do you have to use a special head on a bolt or will normaol bow heads work?

Thanks
Old 10-23-2006, 09:08 AM

Default RE: Broadheads

The tekans I have are the most reusable mechanical I have ever shot. I bet the three heads I have are going on several dozen shots and have yet to break a blade. The way you reset them is first you have to make sure the blade track is clean. Its the little grove the thin blades slide in. Just take the b-head off and take a toothpick and make sure itis good, foam targets leave alot of stuff in there, not sure how much bag targets leave behind. Now, slide the blades back in and make sure you have a o-ring already slid on the shaft of your arrow. Then screw the blade back on to the arrow and slide the blades until they look about half way deployed. Then take the o-ring and slide it up on the head into that little grove on the bottom of the head, make sure the o-ring looks even around the head. Now take your blades and start to push the forward back to the closed position, this works best for me with a pencil eraser, push on the very end of it until you feel it snap in place. Then you should be good to go!

Edit: I said the most reliable I have ever shot, that is false. Its the only one I have shot. My experience comes from my two friends that shot the kind that fold back. They seem like they were always busting blades and then are back there with the little allen wrenches trying to replace them blades.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:55 AM

Thanks for the tip, I just did it and it seemed to work good. I used the black thingy that came with the heads and the packaging to "push" them back into place.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:28 AM

Glad to here it! The black rubber thing works pretty good also. You will love those heads and I cant wait till my first kill and can check out the damage and give a report on them. I was able to resharpen the main head just fine and then just bought replacement blades for the sliders, was only nine bucks if I remember right.