Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

I'm tired

Old 10-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm tired

Tracked 3 deer last night, was up at five, had to skin a doe for my dad. I'll tell the story later with pics
Old 10-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm tired

Iwish I could get tired that way,you lucky dog![8D]
Old 10-25-2006, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, Here's the story Not too sure about how to upload the pics tho[8D]

We left Friday night and went down to harrison county. We Dropped our stuff off at camp and went out to eat. Came back and fell asleep. Saturday we got up at 5:45 and didnt get to the feild untill 7:00 (15 minute drive[8D]) Jimmy and I dropped my dad off. We then went back to a small honey hole that was in a swamp bottom. Jimmy was going to videotape my hunt for a movie so he climbed up into a stand above mine. It was just a hangon stand. I climbed up into a Large ladder stand with arm rests. We got settled in and not 2 minutes later a button buck came running past us at 4 yards and stopped at 14. He was too small and i was only after a large "pope and doe" which i thought i heard coming. I could hear the water splashing around from the rain eariler and i knew a deer was coming. after a while a pair of 3 points came out and browsed around. They left and a bunch of turkeys came running full out across the feild. After that it was about over so we radioed my dad to see if he was ready to go home. we got the greatest response from him. " I got one leakin!" So we got down and jumped in the truck and met him at the gate. It had been an hour since he shot it and he told us about what he saw. He was in a double seater ladder stand and he said there were deer everywhere. There was a pair of fawns that were there for a long time. He saw a 6 and a few smaller bucks too. This doe came into range and he said it was quartering away slightly when he shot. He felt real confident on the shot. Well we Decided to track and found the trail easy. The thunderheads were slow leakers at first but after a bit you could swim in the blood. We followed the trail over a highwall and she was layin at the botom. Only went 60 yards. We got there and found that he hit perfect double lung entry but the head must have ricoched to the back leg beause that is where the exit was. It was a huge doe and we had a very fun drag out. especially since i got the job of getting it out of there. One kid vs. a huge doeWe got back to camp and had to work on some shooting houses and a roof on a camper. There's 6 campers and a bunch of guys that hunt there. We decided to go back in the evening. We sat down and had a large 6 point come in. after that a button buck came in and bedded down 4 yards behind our stand. Talk about annoying. cant move or anything. all we had was junk bucks coming in for a while and then here she came. A doe came in the clearing and jimmy said "when you get the shot take it" I couldnt understand him and i thought he said somthing like wait till i tell you to shoot. Well i sat there for 20 minutes with this doe in the crosshairs and she finally left. What a day! The funniest thing was that exactly after dark came 17 raccoons came into the corn. Talk about noisy little buggers.

I'll work on the picture of my dad's doe and thank you for reading!
Old 10-25-2006, 09:55 AM

nice
Old 10-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your Tired?

Try taking care of a 6 yr old and 5 month old after you get home from hunting along with whatever house work theold lady leaves on a note beforeshe heads to work until 2am. Then get up with the 5 month old in the middle of the night if need be, which is usually 4 times a week or more. Then get up at 5:30 am and go to work. Get home and start all over again..

I'm getting burned out.. I'll take it for anothe two month though.. LOL
Old 10-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm never having kids
Old 10-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's not the kids that are the problem, it's having to leave for work in the dark and geting home from work in the dark.It's really cutting into my hunting time and noSunday hunting doesn't help.>>>Whack!
Old 10-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here are the pictures

Old 10-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

awww come on you big babies!I finally get a picture on here and you dont even post again. Jeez excalibur guys are just so stuck on themselves they cant enjoy the success of a horton man. [8D]

That's my dad's first bow deer ever also.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Yup the apple sometime does fall far from the tree! Your dad looks normal!!! LOL!!!! hehehehe
What was your Dad's reaction to wacking a deer with an arrow? Were you there?

Quick Reply: I'm tired

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.