Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Bolt question

Old 10-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Spike

Default Bolt question

I was wondering how do you tone a carbon bolt? Iusuallyheatup theinsert of thealum. bolts with a ligther and then I turn the broadheadsuntil thebroadhead lines up with thefletching. Is this correct? And also how do youget the insertin the carbon bolt to line up; can you heat them the same way?
Old 10-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bolt question

I don't have any carbon arrows so i am just going to wing it here. I don't think u can heat the glue and insert like an alum. arrow. Most use a washer or a rubber o rings to line up and take the wobble out.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

You don't have to align your broadheads to the fletchings. Most inserts are not put in with a glue that releases these days. If you heat your carbons too much you may as well shoot them into concrete first! If it really bothers you to see it then refletch it but it won't make a pinch of difference. Think about what happens with a two blade or four blade. I cannot imagine how more accuracy is going to benefit my hunting.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Spike

Sorry about all the stupid questions, but this is my first crossbow and I am going to make my first deer hunt this weekend. I want to have everything right just in case I get lucky and see a deer. Thanks for all the help!
Old 10-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Moeskeeter, you asked no stupid questions whatsoever.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

That be right as DNK said if u don't knowed the answer . Then it ain't a stupid ? We all must learn and thats why there are teachers!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Spike

Thanks for all the help. I shot today after work and it's same hole on. Wish me luck this weekend, I hope I can get a shot on a deer. I will let you all know next week how I did !
Old 10-25-2006, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: moeskeeter

Thanks for all the help. I shot today after work and it's same hole on. Wish me luck this weekend, I hope I can get a shot on a deer. I will let you all know next week how I did !
Moeskeeter, I'm taking this to mean you shot the broadheads! That great. When I 1st started hunting, but buddy (long time bowhunter) kept telling me that I needed to shoot with broadheads because they won't shoot the same. I was amazed when I finally did and the arrow hit the ground about a foot infront of the target. What an eye opener.

As been said before, broadheads don't need to line up with fletchings.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Redtail565

Moeskeeter, I'm taking this to mean you shot the broadheads! That great. When I 1st started hunting, but buddy (long time bowhunter) kept telling me that I needed to shoot with broadheads because they won't shoot the same. I was amazed when I finally did and the arrow hit the ground about a foot infront of the target. What an eye opener.

I agree Redtail. The other day when I was testing some Magnus Stingers I lost one into my shed. Well thats the last time I shoot a new broadhead at 30 yards! It hit almost 10 inches from where my field points hit.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

ORIGINAL: Redtail565

I agree Redtail. The other day when I was testing some Magnus Stingers I lost one into my shed. Well thats the last time I shoot a new broadhead at 30 yards! It hit almost 10 inches from where my field points hit.
HeHeHeHe!!!! I got a secret!! The new Slick Tricks are in!!

Quick Reply: Bolt question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.