HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Leafy vs. non leafy camo (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/157254-leafy-vs-non-leafy-camo.html)

kdub77 09-21-2006 11:47 AM

Leafy vs. non leafy camo

Anyone like on more than the other ? Or find both do the job ? I want to stalk quite a bit this year and just received my order from BPS for my 3-d leafy camo ... not alot of leaves .... just enough to break up your arms, shoulders, etc. Quiet material. Now I just need to go hide in a bush to see if anyone can see me ! :) ..... 9 more days till opening !

Dnk 09-21-2006 12:54 PM

RE: Leafy vs. non leafy camo

I use mainly ASAT for big game hunting. The leafy stuff seems to work when you are close up.

kdub77 09-21-2006 01:19 PM

DNK .... you feel that their guarentee is correct .... they will buy your stuff back if you don't see more game than before .... you agree ? You find that this brand works well ? I've always wondered how much the camo really looks like anything different to the deer's eye .... i have believed for some time now that the camo patterns are for the hunter, not the animals. I do like that guarentee though .... just hard to look at camo like that with the human eye and think that it works that well .... not arguing the fact .... i think alot just has to do with the approach anyways. Thanks for pointing the brand out though ... never seen it before

heeze gutshot shortee 09-25-2006 12:54 PM

KDub77...check outREDHEAD 3D EVOLUTION SUIT SWEEEEET....goto Basspro.com

Dnk 09-25-2006 08:07 PM

Ken, ASAT is a patern. It fools or confuses the eye. I have had my buddy look at me in an open field of dried grass and he couldn't see me, same as in trees and brush. Works for me! The single biggest problem is that camo is made for the human eye (to sell to) and some hunters looking at is cannot believe it works. The guarrantee? well donno what to say other than that I don't think you will be sending it back.

sproulman 09-26-2006 08:53 PM

deer cant see you on colors anyhow, so any camo works..movement is what they see no matter what you are wearing..i wear a brown tossel hat,camo shirt and black blue jeans...been doingthis a long time..the only thing camo is good for is other hunters cant see you to well..i get kick out of hunter up 20 ft in air with full camo on including his face, hehe..i hunt from 12 ft to 15 max,and the only reason deerknew i was there was because wind gave me away,only happened few times..you should see some of these hunters up 20-25 ft,wind blowing and they are swaying in the trees,with full camo on,oh my..

smokepolehall 09-27-2006 04:39 AM

Hey i resemble that remark!:D

kdub77 09-27-2006 07:08 AM

I bought the Red Head 3D suit before I posted .... was just looking for input as to whether anyone used it and had success and found it any better than anything else they use .... i realize that the camo is more for the hunter than the beast ..... I wanted to get the 3D stuff to mask more movement .... breaks up your outline a little more ..... plus .... because its a cover suit rather than insulation a) it allows me more options in clothing under the camo and b) can use it for various types of hunting .... the more important factor to me was to get good cover scent (ie activated carbon or collidal silver) and scent masking base layers. I've watched enough video on these creatures now and realize that even though they have good eyesight (less the colour spectrum) they are constantly smelling their environment ....

sproulman 09-27-2006 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: kdub77

I bought the Red Head 3D suit before I posted .... was just looking for input as to whether anyone used it and had success and found it any better than anything else they use .... i realize that the camo is more for the hunter than the beast ..... I wanted to get the 3D stuff to mask more movement .... breaks up your outline a little more ..... plus .... because its a cover suit rather than insulation a) it allows me more options in clothing under the camo and b) can use it for various types of hunting .... the more important factor to me was to get good cover scent (ie activated carbon or collidal silver) and scent masking base layers. I've watched enough video on these creatures now and realize that even though they have good eyesight (less the colour spectrum) they are constantly smelling their environment ....
youre right, camo clothing is not necessary, it only makes us feel good..deer cant see you with any clothes.nose is their protection..i dont buy cover scents..i take in my yard,start a fire with birch or apple wood..apple is fine if your have apple trees where you hunt..pine needles are great to smoke your clothes.i then hold clothes in smoke for few minutes..then into a feed bag,kind you carry corn in.tie it off.you can use garbage bag also..this is best cver scent you can have..those things you buy, well, each their own.. i dont use them and i am only up in tree about 12 ft,maxis 15 ft. i use ladder stand on BIG oaks,brown tossel hat, camo shirt and black blue jeans,lacroose alpha burlys..take care..

Rebel Hog 09-27-2006 11:50 AM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

deer cant see you on colors anyhow, so any camo works..movement is what they see no matter what you are wearing..
Don't agree! The dyes used on camo are UV enhanced. If you don't use a UV blocker on your camo, deer will spotyou in a second in low light. If you have any doubts, buy a Black Light, spread your camo on the bed, turn off all the lights and watch all the colors Glow in Florecent. Then try it agin after UV treatment.