Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Xbow question???? >

Xbow question????

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Xbow question????

Old 09-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Xbow question????

Well shess dnk might as well go ahead and say it.. to me it sounds like if one arrow is hitting right on and the next falling sort of the target that the string is jumping over the arrow I dint know a lot about Hortons is there any adjustment to the new limb system at all?? what is the difference between the new limb system and the pld limb system,, how close are you to a proshop I would take it to a shop and see if they could figure out anything for you..

Old 09-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I forgot to ask again. Did you do a nut and bolt check yet? How does the limb assembly attach to the rail?
Thomas, you've been eating the wrong kind of nuts again! LOL! Why don't you help buy telling okodoka if your string pushing hard against the rail or not. You can tell if you put a piece of paper under the string and pull gently.
Henry, I ain't saying it.
BTW okodoka welcome to the forum. I'll give you five bucks if you change your name. It makes me crazy to type it!
I certainly don't know anything about your bow but if the string applies any real kind of contact with the rail, I don't see how it would hurt things.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Ok I think I have it, well maybe, possibly or maybe not. I think Dortons hold the string from underneath correct??? If there is not enough string tension then the string may bounce on the release. If this is all true then okadoka is right about the string tension. Can the limb assembly be loosened and brought down? Can the limb anchor bolts be loosened and the outer ends pushed down? Just questions not suggestions.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I ran into this problem or one very similar to it when I had half owenership in a archery and muzzleloader shop. We tried a number of things and the one that worked was changing to flat nocks; I believe that is the reason we had problems with those half moon nocks on some of the 10pt xbows also. Lee
Old 09-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Spike

just talked to the horton rep again and what a jerk!.........but he did say that if i can get a horton dealer to prove that the string isnt properly fit on the rail that they would fix it....this has been so frustrating....how could they not see the problem when i sent it back in to them!!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 07:45 AM

My dad bought a new Horton super max 175 a few years ago....paid top dollar for it. He had to send it back to Horton 7 times....yes 7....seven....count my fingers 1234567.
New out of the box....3 shots the string was holding on by one strand, ready to pop. Called Horton, they said " send it back ".
Week later got it back....4 shots this time... string coming apart agaiin...."send it back again" they said.
Weeks later it lasted till the 7th shot.............this went on and on .....unreal.
Kept sending it back.
Finally they put on new set of limbs.....stated the bow would be slower now.....so now he has a half breed Horton.....what crap.
If it was mine , I would have told them to shove it.....or I would have shoved it for them.
Well it's shoot'n ok now....but damn , my dads afraid to use it.,,15 shots so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes the service dept was trying to fix the problem to no avail.....they even sent him bolts that wouldn't fit his xbow... to cover the shipping etc.....even sent him a hat.....that didn't fit either.....LMAO.

HORTON ....bad word around here.

BOB
Old 09-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like mechanics @ my work... blow a fuse, change it, every 45mins machine was blowing a fuse.. rather then actually figure out what the big problem was they kept just replacing the fuses all night. [&o] I

I would have told them to keep it and give me a refund as well. If im paying top dollar for something it better work/last like its suppose to.
ORIGINAL: BOB7255KHZ

My dad bought a new Horton super max 175 a few years ago....paid top dollar for it. He had to send it back to Horton 7 times....yes 7....seven....count my fingers 1234567.
New out of the box....3 shots the string was holding on by one strand, ready to pop. Called Horton, they said " send it back ".
Week later got it back....4 shots this time... string coming apart agaiin...."send it back again" they said.
Weeks later it lasted till the 7th shot.............this went on and on .....unreal.
Kept sending it back.
Finally they put on new set of limbs.....stated the bow would be slower now.....so now he has a half breed Horton.....what crap.
If it was mine , I would have told them to shove it.....or I would have shoved it for them.
Well it's shoot'n ok now....but damn , my dads afraid to use it.,,15 shots so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes the service dept was trying to fix the problem to no avail.....they even sent him bolts that wouldn't fit his xbow... to cover the shipping etc.....even sent him a hat.....that didn't fit either.....LMAO.

HORTON ....bad word around here.

BOB
Old 09-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sorry to read all the negitive "opinions" about Horton CBs, like "dorton is the name, repair is the game"and so on. I need to tell you guys, and girls that I've had my Yucon for 5 years with NO problems at all. It shoots consistant groups in a 3" circle out to 30yrds, my personal limit. What else could I ask for? I only had to change the string one time because of wear.
As far as the string being against the rail, mine is not. I have a very small gap, enough to slip a match book cover under. In other words I can see light between the string and the rail. My string never did contact the rail.Like I said, mine shoots REAL accurately!Hope this helps.
Hope this doesn't " ruffle too many feathers". If so, get over it!
Old 09-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Early in, its all in good fun. Yes some people get a bit miffed but none of us want to hurt anyone. Its like the guys hanging out. Always baiting and buggin for sport. Any nasty spriits are delt with pretty swiftly. Just ask Christine or go back into history. No, there's really no truly mean sprited insults. Now where's that flea bitten tree rodent? LOL!
Old 09-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes Dnk, I realize this, that's why I ended my last reply with two smiley faces. I do enjoy seeing folks having fun with one another. That's why I spend so much time on the forums. Almost as much asSmoke, Planter, aweshucks, Squirrel, and yourself!

Quick Reply: Xbow question????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.