Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Xbow question???? >

Xbow question????

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Xbow question????

Old 09-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Spike

Default Xbow question????

how tight does your string set on the rails when it isn't cocked?....the reason i ask is,last year my horton legends string broke and cracked a limb so i sent it to horton to fix and they sent me an entirely new limb systemwith string and everything......well,when i had my old limbs the string fit kinda tight on the rail and it shot really nice and now the new limb system has the string just kinda setting on the rail with no pressure and it will shoot straight one shot and the next shot may hit 10 feet infront of the target.....i sent it back to horton 2 weeks ago and got it back today with a letter saying that their is nothing wrong with the way the string rests on the rail....any suggestions??
Old 09-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Xbow question????

Ohhh I would get into the barrel for a beating if I said what I wanted to say,hehehe
Ok on a serious note. Does it have a scope on it? How do you cock it? Have you done a nut and bolt check on every nut and bolt you can see? We need more info to help ya.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:07 PM

Sounds strange to me. Both of my hortons have pressure on the string. Can you take it to a local dealer to have it looked at?
Old 09-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just when someone says sumpin good about a a Horton. Look what happens, yup dorton is the name repair is the game. We may can get it back to you to use during this years Bowhunting season,NOT![&o]
Old 09-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smoke: I had occasion to use Horton's customer servise and found them to be second to none. I sent them a beat up abused xbow scope to see if they could repair it and had a brand new one back a few days later, no charge.

Okodoka: Not enough info to go on, so gotta risk insultin ya, lol, but you are using "half moon" nocked arrows, right? How are you cocking the bow? Are you shooting off of bags, and lastly, what arrows? I'm real sure some one here can help ya!
Old 09-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gee awshucks i can't poke fun at folks anymore[&o]. I could become like few around and try to become puff![]
Old 09-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Spike

i shoot half moon nocks and horton 2216's.....i am extremely steady when i am shooting it....The horton service people were extremely rude and they do not believe that i am having this problem.....i went to bass pro shop and every crossbow in there the string was tight on the rail.....how in the world can i fix this?????......the horton people are no help at all and i dont have the money to buy another xbow.....the guy i talked to at horton said he looked at my xbow and it met specifications....he is full of crap cause their is no way!
Old 09-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Spike

oops i forgot.......i cock it with my hands
Old 09-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Okodoka, does the string line up with the center of the half moon nock? Is the variation of impact vertical only?
Mike, keep it up, you're making me laugh and I'm still not saying what I REALLY want to say either![8D]
Old 09-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

uhh, try hitting the limbs witha hammer, get new ones

Quick Reply: Xbow question????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.