Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

How many deer??

Old 09-04-2006, 09:40 PM

Default How many deer??

Since we have xbow people from around the country and even out of the country(our fine neighbors to the north--DNK) just curious how many deer you are allowed with bow,rifle,black powder,etc,etc. In Maryland(some parts 120deer,6bucks,unlimited does) my county was like that last year, this year 6bucks,6does...Four with each weapon...
Old 09-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Spike

Default RE: How many deer??

in FAIRFAX COUNTY, VA ====> 2 per day from 16SEP-07MAR07. how many is that??? (a BUNCH!)

free dixie,sw
Old 09-04-2006, 10:02 PM

If my math is any good that is about,,,,276deer, do you have enough arrows and broadheads..lol???? I would call that a deer "ERADACATION PROGRAM" to say the least....
Old 09-04-2006, 10:54 PM

Well in Ohio its all depends on what part your in. The deer are heavy in the south east and get lighter as you head northwest acroos the state. In the extream northwest its one deer, buck or doe. In my area its two deer, on buck and one doe. In the southeast its three, one buck and two does. You can only kill one buck no matter what county your in. But a hunter in a one deer county can go to a three deer county and shoot two more deer, just one buck no matter what.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:04 PM

In Northwest Ohio, we are permitted to get one, yes, one deer. Want anymore, drive to Michigan or Central/Southern Ohio. You could try the urban zone in Toledo, for what it's worth(not very much). In 2005, my county, Ottawa, had a TOTAL (gun, bow, muzzleloader) harvest of 280 deer. That sucks. Sigh, I need to move....
Old 09-04-2006, 11:10 PM

Now doegirl its not that bad! Look at the bright side your close to ceder point!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 04:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Indiana allows one buck only , and they eliminated the statewide antlerless limit , so you can shoot as many slicks as an individual county allows . Mine allows 8 , as do several of the surrounding counties . A hunter with enough time to hunt and money for the tags could conceiveably take well over 400 . It's good to be a meat hunter here !
Old 09-05-2006, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tipton county where i live limit is 8 Doe's, 4 during Archery and 4 more during ML. You can take 3 Bucks only 1 a day and 2 per season. I can go to next county and take 3 Doe's a day every day until Jan.7th, about 300 deer! I ain't cleaning that many, so about 7 is good fer me and lots of tasty eating!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:43 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Ontario, Canada I have tags for 3 deer. Two doe tags and one any deer. Some areas near Kingston and Ottawa I've heard of 6 tags. Getterdone!
Old 09-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Spike

jaygail7 & all,

actuallyFairfax county has at LEAST 5-8 times as many deer as the county environment will support over the winter! (what i'm talking about is called SHOOTING deer, rather than HUNTING deer.)

ONE man in the eastern part of the county (just outside the City of Alexandria) counted 62 whitetails in his FRONT YARD (about 1/2 acre!) last Tuesday morning. they were EATING his EXPENSIVE landscaping plants!

fwiw, i'm "taking orders" for venison from the "senior citizens" who live in my "active senior citizen" apartments. there are THAT many deer that need THINNING OUT!

care to come help???

free dixie,sw

Quick Reply: How many deer??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.