Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Tree Stands

Old 09-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tree Stands

Hey how many? are they up in the woods yet? What type, like i have 2 Lock-on's with 2 climbing sticks, 2 Climbers and 1 Ladder. I have the Ladder and 1 climber put up. I am putting 1 Lock-on up in the morning. Getting ready.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tree Stands

Hunting public land here, so nothing up yet. I think that I will stash the old heavy climber way back and chain it. That way if someone wants to steal it they need boltcutters and half a day to hump it out. Most of my hunting will be from my new climber but they are hammering the corn where I hunt and there are no good trees around, so I will be hunting from a ground a bit this year too.

Mitch
Old 09-04-2006, 07:37 PM

I have my homemade ladder that is left up all year long. I just bought a new 20 foot ladder that I have not yet put up. I also Have a dog house blind that I have not put up yet.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

smoke, I use just one stand, my Lone Wolf climber. It goes where ever I go. The only time it gets left in the woods is when I know I'll be back before first light the following day. I've had one stolen in the past,it was locked and on private land.[:@] Go figure.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Strange i have never had a stand taken from me on public land, but i have had at least 6 stole on private land![&o]
Old 09-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea, where's the love!
Old 09-04-2006, 09:28 PM

Smoke,
If you really want a comfortable stand, I think it is made by Strong Built, sold mostly by Sportmans Guide, (their price beats my wholesale price by 10$), it is their hang on stand, with the lift-up rail around it..It is called the guide gear extreme comfort stand and it is like a recliner in your living room..It is the most comfortable stand I have ever used and you can sit in it all day if necessary,it is also almost impossible to fall out of..So sleeping in it is very easy to do, without the fear of falling. Comes with a full body harness, and the flip up rail is very good to steady shots on..I have five of them on the property I own and won't hunt out of anything else(other than my old Couger Claw climber, one of the best climbers ever made)
Old 09-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got a tower stand from Mr. Olen for $129 it's 12' to the base and very well made by the Chinese. I really like it.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:52 PM

This year, I'm using an Ameristep/Non-Typical climber. I've made a couple practice runs in some trees in the backyard. It beats my old Summit stand hands down in quietness, space, and ease of setup. And I like Summit stands.
I do have some Lone Wolf climbing sticks and a Gorilla Silverback treestand. I don't leave stands out. Setting up with the sticks is turned out to be a pain in the butt, and the stand is kind chincy and not exactly confidence inspiring. It looks like it'll just be the climber this year.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

dicks had big sale this week. i got 2 ladder stands, 49 dollars each. they are camo and 15 ft high.i dont like any stand over 15 ft,i have just about every type of stand and ladder is my best. i also hunt on stateland. i use a big wheel dolly to haul my deer out of woods.i took cheap plastic dolly and put big wheels on it. its great. with this dolly i can haul my ladder treestands anywhere i hunt. i put stand on dolly and off i got, gun also. i cant put up my ladder stand in about 1 hr,maybe quicker but i take my time.i like idea i can come out in morning,raining, snowing ,wind etc and know thatall i have to do is climb up and sit down.i was really surprised that i could put up this stand by myself.i lay it on ground , put it together and grab rungs and walk towards tree. this stand has no bolts in each section to secure,i like that.

Quick Reply: Tree Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.