Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 If tree stands were fruit... >

If tree stands were fruit...

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

If tree stands were fruit...

Old 09-03-2006, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default If tree stands were fruit...

Went for a major cruise thru the woods with my daughter yesterday and I told her if a spot looks good, look up and you might find someone elses tree stand already up. You guys who hunt the Burbs or public land know the deal. Climbed one of my trees and was gonna let the girl freshen up some lanes for me but when I got up there the tree 8ft away had a stand in it. I am gonna take him a cup of coffee when the season opens. I can just reach over to hand it to him.I sat therestunned. Maybe the guy is a film maker.I guess we pretty much found as many stands as we did deer dropping. Geez I envy you guys with access to land without much compitition. You wantChristmas in October, shine a flashlight into the woods around here. So many bright eyesI make up red and green ones just to be different. A lot cheaper too.. Well I hope that guy in the tree next to me is a good conversationalist.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If tree stands were fruit...

I knowed what cha say, i have and sometimes still hunt public land. Opening morning there be so many trucks and cars with head lights on it be xmas, every one trying to park in same spot. Have dz. tree stands within 30 yds. of you and every deer hiding in thickets until someone pushes them out. I am so blessed i have 65 acres to hunt on.[8D]
Old 09-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

I'm spoiled too. I'm in a club with 30 members and we have over 4,000 acres to hunt on. Only half or so bow hunt. I do go to the Sika hunt at Chincoteague and that's public. They limit numbers so it isn't real bad but there have been times I had extra company on a hunt.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:12 AM

Spoiled, you can really say that, and love every minute of it, walk out of garage and walk in woods(600acres of woods,31 belong to me,and have permission on another 100acres)....If I don't want to walk very far, first stand and feederis 30feet out of back yard. Going on my 5th season here, have killed 15bucks and 3does...
Old 09-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have permission to hunt over 300 acers around here, but i still choose to hunt my little 50 with my HUGE buck on itI might swing down to a different place one day but not any time soon[8D]
Old 09-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks a bunch. Why don't you guys just rub my nose in it. Had an RE broker looking for 40 or 50 acres ofold swampland/ cranberry bogs and was willing to give up the water rights. He came back with a 58 acre piece that might have a1.5 acre building lot on it. He said$600,000 and I said get out of my house. Not surprising here in old MA. Geez. >>>>Whack!
Old 09-03-2006, 08:03 PM

Planter
Not trying to rub your nose in the smelly stuff..lol The average one acre building lot here goes for 150k to 225k,think you should jump on that swamp land, "sounds" realcheap to me,and if you still have any money left Igot a "bridge" I can sell you............
Old 09-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

Only have public land here, but the WMA is 4,500 acres. The hunting pressure is fairly high at the start of the early archery season and tapers of after a week or so.....then rifle season starts and it is a pumpkin patch. Late archery season the place is deserted and the hunting is the best all year. Lots of thick stuff and most hunters won't go more than a couple of hundred yards into the woods. there are some nice bucks (not many) if you are willing to walk a mile or so back by the river. There are almost too many does there and I will be taking alot of them down this year.

Mitch
Old 09-04-2006, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Land here is $1000 an acre, and if ya look a bit there is still some that borders the Natl Forest, [2.5 million acres] There's a chunk near me that's 8400 acres, a walk-in turkey area no one hunts deer in that's loaded w/ game. The Feds won't let me take my 4 wheeler in there, but I found a 160 acre parcel of private property in a prime spot in it, and after two days at the court house, tracked the owner down and got permission to hunt it, which gives me alot of access to the rest.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan I should try the town hall and see if I can hunt down a spot that way. Very creative. I sure do hate knocking on someones door looking for permission. I guess I should take my skirt off and just go for it. Or I will send my 12 year old daughter to the door?? I could drive north 3 hours or so up to maine for cheap land, but thats a long way to go before or after work. Can most of you guys hunt Sundays??? Would sell my kids for that opportunity >>>>>>>>>Whack What I need is one of my Xbow buddies to invite me down for a hunt.

Quick Reply: If tree stands were fruit...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.