Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

CB Sighted In!

Old 09-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default CB Sighted In!

How many have their CB's sighted in with B'heads at this time. Mine is and deer season opens on 23rd, sept.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:45 PM

Default RE: CB Sighted In!

Hey, Smokie
See that is why I shoot expandables, as long as they spin perfectly on the arrow straightner and there is no wobble in thebroadhead, there is no reason to waste my time shooting my broadheads, because they will fly in the same hole as my field points. Of course I weigh every field point and every broadhead(wonder how many people do that) have found that field points varywithin app.2to3grains and Rocket broadheads are within that or less.If out more than that I use broadhead washers(both plastic and metal) of various sizes(thickness) to make up or loose weight, but the last year or so I have not had to use any...And for you guys and gals who don't use "good" expandables keep shooting those fixedbroadheads and cussing when they don't go into the same hole as your field points...
Old 09-02-2006, 09:59 PM

Mine sighted in. My season starts Oct.14. Come on and get here~!!
Old 09-03-2006, 03:03 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jaygail7

And for you guys and gals who don't use "good" expandables keep shooting those fixedbroadheads and cussing when they don't go into the same hole as your field points...
If you shoot “good” fixed broadheads like Slick Tricks, not a single cussin word would come out of your mouth. They fly into the same hole as your field points do and they’ll crush bone when they get there if needed. I doubt your mechanicals will do that. That is if they stay closed prior to impact.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shooting Rocket 100gr. Steelheads mixed in with field points and find they are right on the money although I am double banding them.Sure wish I had more bands... I always shot expanding heads off the compound cause the fixed blade seemed to fly like a Katusha rocket. Have not tried fixed off the Xbow but if they fly as well would sure give them a try. Like most thing the less moving parts on it the better off you are. I never shot a deer with the rockets who liked them in the least. >>>>>Whack
Old 09-03-2006, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to tell y'all it weren't easy getting my Bow sighted in. Took a couple of hours, i gotstid 23 2219's and 2 practice B'Heads. I tried them on all 23 and wrote down where they be hitting on 3-D deer. Only 3 hit in 1 1/2" of 1" red dot painted on deer. I hand spun every arrow an those 3 were sweet. Of course they be the only 3 that be same weight and same size feathers, flat noks and inserts and wraps. All the rest be different weight and vanes an such. Its all a part of seeing what works fer ya an yer Bow![][:-]
Old 09-03-2006, 06:04 AM

Mine is ready to go with the new Tekan two's on them. Them babys fly just like the field points. Fully open up as they go into the target, the slits in the foam provide the evidence, and the paper two inches in front of it says they are not opening up while being shot. No double rubbers for me! And that massive cut on contact tip is sure to crush them bones!!!

Old 09-03-2006, 07:03 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Jay, what expandables do you use? I've used wasps for years and not a single problem yet. I use them once (because I don't like the way the blades are anchored and the ferrule is a bit too slender for my liking). I practice with them tied up with dental floss (just a couple of shots) even thought I know I don't have to because I've never seen a change of POI.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk, Dnk, Dnk: Jay, what expandables do you use? ROCKETS YOU FOOL!!! lol lol lol. Sorry, just couldn't help myself!

My vote goes w/ Green Pea, Slick Tricks 100 gr 1 1/8" diam. While I do respect you other guys choices of b-heads just like I do your bows, these are the ones for me. One arrow, one b-head, 3 xbows. Makes life alot simpler and cheaper. There is a deal on I think AT, up by "boards" where someone has done some extensive testing. Check out the ST performance on a hog scapula. He literally pulverized it w/ repeated shots w/ ST's. Not trying to change your minds, but explaining my choice. I think if I do mess up and hit a shoulder, these might just still get the job done. Part of the guys tests showed no damage to the ST's after going thru that bone. Good hunting to all!!
Old 09-03-2006, 08:25 AM

Let me see, did we not just read the post by Smoke, taking hours to sight in broadheads, my time to sight in broadheads, zero minutes...Anybody that has read anything about broadheads would know the Rocket Steelhead has out-penetrated every broadhead that it was put up against.And I do mean every style, in dead steer hinds,in plywood,and ballistic gel....And as far as penetration, my 75g Rocket Wolverines, with about 100ftlbs of KE will shoot thru both shoulders, usually resulting in a "very short" blood trail...Planter, you can use the bands from braces,or contact Rocket on the web, bet they will send you extra bands, a package of bands are also available from Pro shops.Dnk, got a little leary about the Wasp Jak-Hammer even though I used them for years and killed every animal I shot with them, their blade attachment system was never the best, and their bands I did not like, always used Rocket bands...

Quick Reply: CB Sighted In!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.