Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 bowhunter wants to know about xbow hunters >

bowhunter wants to know about xbow hunters

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

bowhunter wants to know about xbow hunters

Old 08-10-2006, 06:32 PM

Default RE: bowhunter wants to know about xbow hunters

Hey gang , thanks for the birthday wishes.....man does time fly huh? I was only 16 yesterday.

My buddy's say , u know ur getting old when ugly girls start looking good.....true I guess.....LOL.

Thanks....BOB
Old 08-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hotburn: That was a great post. There is alot of us in there, kinda in the same boat. You did a nice job of touching all the bases, and 40 or more years of experiences is hard to condense. Thanks, I enjoyed every word.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:10 PM

I have to say you guys have all been really cool. I'm almost disapointed I haven't been flamed by anyone yet!

I'm still interested in hearing more.

Happy Birthday (oops! Now belated!) Bob!
Old 08-11-2006, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trembow.. I shoot an Xbow after twoback operations and a note from my MD to the Mass div of fisheries and wildlife. For me it is just another tool. When I can I will use my Hoyt cause I like it. WhenI got my Xbow I really was not aware of all the controversy. I am in love with myPheonix and hope we stay close.>>>>>>>>>Whack
Old 08-11-2006, 06:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Trembow

I have to say you guys have all been really cool. I'm almost disapointed I haven't been flamed by anyone yet!

I'm still interested in hearing more.

Happy Birthday (oops! Now belated!) Bob!
Careful what ya wish for!! Im sure a newbee could come along and start that game since he has not experianced all of our growing pains! As DNK started out we are all about worn out on the crossbow long bow debating so its much better to just talk good about it and not whip out the swords and start swinging! And yes it has been good!
Old 08-11-2006, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trembo: I think you can see at least somewhat, we are all pretty much like you folks. Most of us have had experience w/ the other types of bows, have the same ethics and love for bow hunting. It gets a little frustrating to read things other places about xbows being poachers weapons and how some bozo took a lower end Horton outta the box and shot 4" 100 yd groups with b-heads nonetheless!! We have at times been treated as red headed step children which accounts for Dnk's initial sceptisim. The bows may be different w/ advantages and disadvantages to both, but the arrows are nearly the same and we just love to watch them fly!! Thanks for the respect you have shown here and bring some friends!!

P.S. Happy B-day Bob!!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:46 PM

I got tired of hitting everything I aimed at with my rifle . I tried archery (vert) , and have since fallen in love with it . I bought my crossbow for one reason - prarie dogs . It's nearly impossible to get close to them on a stalk . An ambush gets better results . As an archer it pains me to say ,,, but there is a HUGE "holly than thou" attitude towards anyone who uses somthing other than a bow . If we all get off our "high horse" about who's using what to hunt we will all be better off . As a community we are much stonger . There are plenty of people out there who dedicate their lives to stop you from hunting . If we're split into groups - we'll be easier to pick off .
Old 08-12-2006, 06:59 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Dogslayer, you hunt praire dogs with an arrow?? Awsome! I like that! Must be a charge doing that. I tried to hit some at the end of the hunt day in Wyoming with my 454 Casull! LOL!!! Couldn't hit many of those buggers but had lots of fun!