Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Target?

Old 08-05-2006, 06:59 AM

Default Target?

What is a good target that won't cost me $80 that will stop an exomax's bolt. I got a $30 target from Walmart and it won't even stop my bolts from my horton supermax, so I won't even attempt it from the excalibur.

Thanks
Old 08-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Target?

This one works well. It was shot at 30 yards (free hand). Its been shot hundreds of times.

Old 08-05-2006, 08:12 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Your targets will last longer if you shoot at longer distances. The only time I shoot at 20 yards at my targests is when I have to shoot indoors. I usually shoot outdoors at 30 and 40 yards. I am sure it helps sharpening my shooting skills. After all we are supposed to be getting better by practicing aren't we? I think this cost me $65.00 cdn. The other thing that will help is if you hang the target. You could also buy an inch or two of a closed cell polyethelene foam and put that on the back side of the target. There are foam specialty shops around that just sell foam for beds etc. A feed bag of tightly packed cloth works as does plasitic shopping bags. You also have to remember to flip a bag target over from time to time to re-distribute the material. Other wise you will get pass throughs on any target. Oh yeah the american white tail works really well but is not cheap.
Hope this helps
Old 08-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can find some Realy thick Foam somewhere like industrial kinda foam. that stuff will stop elepahnts