Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

My equipment.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My equipment.

Prolly a dumb question, but did you tighten up the cables on the corners? there's another notch on top and bottom of each one on mine. I had to pry them out of the notch they were in, with a flat blade screwdriver while kneeling on the target to get them in farthest notch. Did that both top and bottom, the arrows outta all my bows only go in a little more than half way on the ends. I've got several hundreds of shots in them, I have two.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

yep got the cables tightened all the way down. Still doesnt make a difference. I think im gona go buy a block 4x4 give that a try. Im really disappointed in this target!

Old 08-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Deerslayer, what broadheads do you use on the targets?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

my tried and true wasp hammer SST 100gr.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:14 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Did you ever try flattening the cutting surfaces of the blades to slow down the penetration? You may have to limit yourself to shooting broadheads at 30 yard+ which of course would be good for sharpening your shooting skills.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:20 AM

ORIGINAL: deerslayer223

yep got the cables tightened all the way down. Still doesnt make a difference. I think im gona go buy a block 4x4 give that a try. Im really disappointed in this target!

Carefull there deerslayer, I was in your same boat last year and am still dissapointed. I have a Horton supermax 175 and it to blew through all the bag targets. I bought some of them hard cheap foarm targets at wal-mart and with two it will stop your arrow but you will NOT be able to get them out. I then bought a "block"target, the brown one made for cb's. It will stop you arrows fine, mine go in about half to three quarters of the way. The only problem with it is they lie about the one handed arrow removal. After I shoot I have to lay it on its side and use two hands and one knee to pull them out!!! Not what I expected for sixty five bucks!!
Old 08-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

any ideas on how to possibly make the target work. I just want it to throw a few broadheads in this fall to make sure everythings good. Would it help maybe setting some weight on the top of it to try to compress it more? im kind of at a loss. I took another pic of it today to show how bad of shape its in already. Im very disappointed[:'(]

Old 08-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

you could cut some 2x4 a few inches wider than the target 4 of them and get some all thread and washers and nuts and put 2 of the boards accross the top and 2 on the bottom after you drill holes bigh enough for the all thread to fit thru and put the all thread thru the 2x4`s and compress the layers even tighter then it should stop you arrows.. or if you have access to or know someone or some place that has the metal banding and and a pair of banders you could compress it tighter and band it, either method should work for you..
Old 08-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks htoler. My father is a heavy equipment mechanic for a scrap metal yard im sure he could round me up some metal banding. I'll give that a shot see if it helps. Thanks for the advice.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Typical Buck

just make sure you get it compressed tighter than it is now, and hopefully you can do it in a way it can be adjusted so that if it needs to be tighter you can tighten it,, and your most welcome..

Quick Reply: My equipment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.