Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 The Jury Is In!! >

The Jury Is In!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

The Jury Is In!!

Old 07-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The Jury Is In!!

Well, shot the Paradox this a.m. It's different, that's for sure. More than enough power and speed, buried arrows as deep as Emax at 30 yds. Keep in mind, I slowed the Max down some by using heavier arrows and endless loop dacron string. Did a little comparison bench resting w/ all four Excals. My Emax, Phoenix, Paradox and the Vixen my buddy is hiding here from his old lady. LOL. Group sizes were from a 25 cent piece to a silver dollar at 30 yds. The Emax was the smallest, Pdox the largest, the other two the same. Noise is kinda funny, the Pdox has a quicker sound but seems to be about as loud as the recurves. I'm a poor judge for noise, as I'm half deaf. As far as noise from crossbows goes, gotta love Danny Millers remedy, "get a set of earplugs" LOL

On the minus side, this sucker is heavy. No way to weigh it accurately, but more than I care for, but knew that going in. The Phoenix has me spoiled. Opening day??? Phoenix for sure.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Jury Is In!!

had just sent you a pm asking about the Paradox , I know the wood stock has to have added weight, and I would have thought it would have been more accurate from what I had herd about them, still plenty accurate to take deer, noise wise maybe that has to do with the no let off cams, its still a sweet crossbow would like to get one in original condition,, yep we definately be crossbow junkies, didnt think it would change your thoughts on you beloved Phoenix,, .
Old 07-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey losers step to the rear and let a winner lead the way!Go Phoenix!I am working on mine right now trying to get some better groups and such. It drops 10" to 12 1/2" at 40 yds. sighted in at 25 yds. I see where my fff string has stretched and my rear brace heigth line is 1/4" below string now.[]
Old 07-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Dan, what is the differences in trajectories?
Old 07-25-2006, 08:58 PM

Thats interesting awshucks. Thanks for taking the time to explain your test results. Good luck with that Phoenix
Old 07-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk: as to the difference in trajectories, I don't know!! Got V-zones on all but the Vixen, and had sighted them in at 20, knew they were on at 30, and just shot them. You all need to understand this was in no way a definitive test, as there is always a stiff breeze where I'm at, and it changes constantly. Swirls would be accurate, seldom do I see a perfectly calm day. yesterday, the Vixen was the winner, tomorrow, who knows?? All I know is under a silver dollar at 30 yds is good enough for this hillbilly!!
Old 07-26-2006, 06:22 AM
Typical Buck

I think all the deer out there would disagree they would say you need to be hitting low or high buy about 2 foot.. LOL
Old 07-26-2006, 08:22 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Ok Dan, is there a big difference in how flat they all shoot. I think you are the guy with the most crossbows. I just wanna know if a Vixen (the one your buddy is hiding from his warden) and all the rest up to the Mag and Paradox shoot much flatter than each other.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk: I got ya now! I'd have to say it's a toss up between the Pdox and Emax, both shoot about the same. Slightly more arch w/ Phoenix, and even more w/ Vixen, but am shooting a heavier arrow in it, [442 gr]. I'm looking for a chrony, will be able to tell ya more when Big Brown drops it off, lol. I really like these 431 gr. I'm shooting, even though they cost me about 16 fps. With the standard Excal arrows at 350 gr, the Max would be the winner by a landslide in the trajectory dept. I didn't get a book w/ Pdox, so don't know what they were using for arrows, but am assuming a little heavier is better since it's a compound.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Do you think its going to make a difference deer hunting? I am not baiting you. As you know I shoot an old Exocet and a Vixen and I want to know from a responsible realistic person whether or not its worth it to go to something like a Phoenix.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.