Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 What do you think? >

What do you think?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

What do you think?

Old 07-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default What do you think?

Sorry Tman but I have to toss this one on the table. The more I think about it the more I am sure that a crossbow exclusive contest was wrong. Albiet it was a fun ideal it excluded the ones we want to run with and be with. Now squirrel don't be beating on me please, think about it and no, nothing on my nose you nut eater. If we are to have some equality then it should be across the board. Now maybe some of you guys are going to be a bit peeved at me for saying but I think we should bail on this contest. Squirrel and Hloter we talked about it so lets do it. We do not want to compete we want to run with the crowd. We don't want to be self serving, we want to do things that contribute to hunting in general first and to crossbows second. We want to gain friends not alienate them. Yeah yeah rev Don but think about it. Is anyone happy about not seeing the HNI contest at the top? I am saddened by the lack of it. What do you think?
Old 07-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What do you think?

Weel I hope they put it back up.. not everyone that came to the crossbow forum had signed up for the contest and some of them might have wanted to sign up for the HNI Bowhunting contest,, and some that we only see around or closer to hunting season might wish to join in.. or at least follow it.. personally I think it needs to be a group decision as to weather we continue with the contest,, if the majority feels we should drop it then by all means we should , but if the majority wishes to continue ,, then we can look at other options..

SO what does everyone want to do??? I will stand behind whatever decision the group makes.. I like that we have a close nit group that sticks togather here and would like to see it remain that way,,

not trying to step on any toes here DNK these are just my thoughts and my thoughts only..

Old 07-12-2006, 01:41 AM

I tried to post a real in the middle post to rob in the contest page and ment what was said. Sometimes the crossbow community gets road so hard that when even a mouse makesa slight noise, ( like rob pointing out that it may be veiwed as unfair by others, and if you look at it from the outside it is) we instantly pull out two dbl barrel shotguns pull all four triggers then its to late and to hard to go back, and thats what happened with Rob. That poor fella probally has a real bad taste in his mouth for the CB forum and we always assume people mean seperation and exclusion and then we go ahead and seal the deal on our own. I think Rob probally responded more then he should have, but he got the blast of both barrels then was only forced to try and get out of the corner that a few people shoved him. No names mentioned but their was a guy that came in here the first few days the CB forum was born and me and him got personal about the old CB debate then in the months to fallow when the mouse maybe made a little noise but not intended bad, I gave him both barrels when not called for, but when you pull the trigger its to late after the smoke clears and thats what happened to Rob. Poor guy is probally still in a state of " what the hell " shock. I wished him luck on getting out of the problem and ment it in good faith cause I figured things would continue to go south. When I logged in and seen the contest was removed I felt sad and as if people continued to fire both barrels and Rob pulled out, washed the knee deep poop off his legs and now we are all standing in waist high poop still wandering how to resolve this, and Rob has a bad taste in his mouth. I think we could of still had both contest if things had been handle better on our part in the start of things, but now its to late for that and we, for the first time excluded to long bows and no matter how we try to do it now its all bad and will only feed the exclusion concept which we as CB users should NEVER want. So I stand by you htoler and think it should be a group decision. But I stand by DNK and say my vote is to back out, CB users and exclusion is something I do not want to be a part of, even though it was not started that way that is what it has turned into. I think if we wait this out and let the dust clear, maybe when the season starts we could have a post your kill pics at the top and not have it be a contest, I think it would be cool if we could have that so we could keep track of the kill pics and people could compare their kills easy, but the contest concept is tainted from here out. So if any of the long bow guys drop in and read this take it as an appology for how us CB guys get sometimes. And as for my fellow CB buds if you want to start to throw stones, I will be the guy covered up behind DNK!

EDIT: My spelling sucks, sorry
Old 07-12-2006, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK my thoughts on why this went bad. #1 we started our contest earlier than Bowhunting, so we didn't know about theirs. We failed to include those who shoot the other type of Bows,that was wrong, but we were all in fun fer our little contest. Now to be fair, Rob did come on and tell us of the big contest.He asked us to all join in on the main contest! We gave him a very hard and rough time about it. I am truely sorry for that and hope Rob will forgive me of my agitating. I think we all should drop our contest and join theirs. We should also post our pic's of deer harvested and other varmints on our forum, just our friend said ahead of me. We can get on teams we can put forth team names. With posting our pic's its going give the story who got a bigger deer and all the bantering we want to throw out to each other. So thats how i stand and really hope the rest fall in behind Dnk on this.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

2. Archery equipment only which include crossbows unless your entered in the Crossbow forums contest, no gun entry.
Looks like a decision has already been made. You can be in either one but not both. If there is only one I know which that will be.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

there are options pm me if you would like to know about them.. and I think one thing we need to bear in mind when making a decision on which way we decide to go with this is what about the guy that came up with the ideal,, sounds like he put a lot of effort into this ,, he was working on things,, I would like to hear wht his thoughts are ,, I have my thoughts but if I share them here I will prolly be in trouble again,,
Squirrell whats you have to say???

Old 07-12-2006, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

added thoughts I think all types of archery should be allowed to compete both against like equipment and against all other types of archery equipment.. if thats what the archer would like to do..
again just my thoughts..
Old 07-12-2006, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: htoler

added thoughts I think all types of archery should be allowed to compete both against like equipment and against all other types of archery equipment.. if thats what the archer would like to do..
again just my thoughts..
I agree but having it like that will open it up to other interpretations if you know what I mean.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

unfortunately I think you are right BBva
Old 07-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good points guys and thanks!! I've been debating w/ myself about this, even pmed a couple of ya. You know, none of us ever dreamed this thing would go south. We're used to playing in our own little sandbox and have rarely had problems, none of us saw this coming. I spend alot of time on the puter and forums trying to advance the xbow movement, and part of that is based on inclusion rather than the current exclusion in some places. I've had a little knot in my stomach over this and vote to let it go. We were never really serious anyhow, at least I wasn't, and we're still gonna post pic's of what we take and rib each other to death anyhow, so nothing is really lost. Thanks for the sage words and making my decision easier. Sorry Squirrel, but now you can take that big boy over to the big contest!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.